Brewer Fanatic

7/4/08 Pirates (Gorzelanny) at Brewers (Sheets): 1:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45

I figured Woogie would not get this up. But if he does, im sorry.

The Brewers send this stud to the mound...

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/986141.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CC300C081D9F470003E3AA47EC04DCFC644FE13D7E15E920

Sheets (9-2), Nice to see Sheets wearing the USA on July 4th

vs.

This bum

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20070525wap_gorzelanny0525_450.jpg

Tom Gorzelanny (6-6)

Happy 4th everyone!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

I'll be at this one. I haven't seen Sheets pitch in person in a few years...the last time also involved the Pirates--and Dave Bush in relief giving up a HR to Jeromy Burnitz.

Go Brewers!!!

Dear Brewers:

My, and probably more than few others, mental state for the rest of this holiday weekend rides on the events of the next 4.5 hours. Yes, my life is that pathetic. Just throw me a bone here. Please. If Sheeter loses to this orthodontic case study, I may have to take the rest of the night off to ponder the RLuz Conundrum; namely whether I should cheer for the Cubs or Cards this weekend. Or, given the appeal of that question, maybe I'll just consume Miller products until I'm near blindness, put on my Turnbow jersey and sporadically fire roman candles in random directions.

I don't want to go there. I just don't. I unthinkingly put on my unlucky Brewers hat on the way out the door to my kid's soccer game last night. You know the hat. Purchase date: early evening, May 12, 2007. As soon as my hand left the brim last night, I saw a ball carom off Russell Branyan's glove. I turned off the TV and headed for the car. But I already knew. Ueck's call as we drove the half hour to the field was just confirmation.

I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I promise. I won't throw out the hat, and I won't defile it. Just win today, and I'll forgive you for your part in yesterday. I know I screwed up. I hope you forgive me, too.

After yesterday, every time the Pirates make contact I hold my breath and wince a little bit. It's going to take awhile to get over that one. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Is this some deep sarcasm I'm not getting?

The Brewers petitioned that the sun in Arizona was too bright yesterday causing them to implode in the 9th inning. Selig bought it and awarded the win to the Brewers.

Archived