Brewer Fanatic

09/01/06 - Marlins (Sanchez) @ Brewers (Capuano) 7:05pm CT

sgtcluels

Florida Marlins (65 - 69)

Anibal Sanchez RHP (5-2, 3.41 ERA, 1.31 WHIP)

http://www.eluniversal.com/2006/06/27/27318a1%20copia.jpg

For the second time in five days, Sanchez takes on the Brewers. In his last start, the rookie gave up two runs in six innings. The 22-year-old gave up seven hits and three walks, but struck out six. Over his last four starts, Sanchez is 1-0 with three no-decisions. Sanchez has not surrendered more than two earned runs in five straight starts.

@

Milwaukee Brewers (62 - 72)

Chris Capuano LHP (11-8, 3.53 ERA, 1.19 WHIP)

http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/images/2005/09/13/tjQ6eEGa.jpg

Up until the seventh inning, Capuano had one of his strongest outings of the season, allowing just two hits with nine strikeouts over a scoreless first six innings. In the seventh, though, holding a 2-0 lead, Capuano gave up back-to-back solo home runs to Miguel Cabrera and Josh Willingham to tie the game up. The no-decision was Capuano's third in his past four appearances

TV: FSN (642 DTV, 31 TWC Milwaukee)

Radio: 620 WTMJ. (Confirm this? Not 10 hours of Packers post game?)

Series Probables

Saturday - Josh Johnson RHP (12-6, 2.87/1.26 ) @ Ben Sheets RHP (4-6, 4.62/1.20 )

Sunday - Scott Olsen LHP (11-7, 4.24/1.34 ) @ Tomo Ohka RHP (4-3, 4.40/1.31 )

September Call Ups

Vinny Rottino - 3rd Base/C (.379/.440/.819)

Dennis Sarafate - RHP (10-7,3.67/1.63)

Mojo

Home Sweet Home.

http://www.soulofamerica.com/images/photoswi/milwaukee/photos/Mil_Miller_Park_baseball.jpg

Anybody know if tomorrow nights or Sunday's game is sold out? I'm thinking about driving down and watching one of the games. And I know the last couple weekend games have been standing room only or just individual seats available (I think they have at least).

We'll be there too. I'll try not to spend the whole night dwelling on how much happier I was eight days ago. And I will do my best to ignore the Packers (that WTMJ can't be right; they've probably started the pregame already).

Saturday's down to single seats/SRO by now. If there's a promotion on Sunday, it can't be as big as the Yount bobble, so of the two, that's your better chance for getting seats at this point.

Go Cappy and company!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Rottino not in starting lineup.

Instead Yost has a guy who has a month left with the organization in there. And Haudricourt wonders why fans want Yost fired.

By the way Rottino has played in Miller Park before. He played in exhibition vs. the White Sox prior to 05 season and if memory serves, laced a double in that game.

Quote:
Rottino not in starting lineup.

Instead Yost has a guy who has a month left with the organization in there. And Haudricourt wonders why fans want Yost fired.

I actually agree with Yost on this one. They need to just get a win right now. I'm thinking Rottino doesn't necessarily provide the best opportunity to do so. The guy was in the minor leagues (and will be again next season) for a reason. Had they not lost 7 in a row prior to tonight, I might agree with you. Put this losing streak in the rearview mirror first, then get these guys in there.

I don't think I've seen a team collectively have more unprofessional at-bats over the course of a week than the Brewers this last week. I'd guess 50% of the pitches our offense has swung at in the last week are not even in the strike zone, and a lot of 'em aren't even close. That eighth inning was absoultely pathetic.

I wish somebody would give the offense the memo you don't get out of hitting slumps by swinging more often, at crap pitches. Most of our hitters suck anyways, but I wish they'd at least try to hit strikes.

Anybody see the replay of the Bell play in the 9th? I swear he was safe, I had a good view and he looked safe by a mile...was that Tim Timmons manning 1st base tonight?http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived