Brewer Fanatic

09/02/06 - Marlins (Johnson) @ Brewers (Sheets) 6:05pm CDT

hawing
Yeah, these guys are just bad. It's like the Royals or something, some has-beens, never was's, and wash-out prospects filling out the lineup. If Nix, Bell, and Mench make up a third of your lineup, along with a pitcher hitting, you're just not going to score runs.

And the Brewers make it 9 in a row. Anyone remember when the last time that happened was? I'm drawing a blank right now.

I can't really fault Yost on bullpen management tonight either. As good as the pen has been in general since the trade, there isn't really anyone down there that can get anybody out during this losing steak anyways. Like the rest of the team, there are very few or no good options over the last 10 days. (especially when Cordero pitches like he's human)

There are some questions that are answerable, and some that aren't. A well-known public figure put it best:

As we know,

There are known knowns.

There are things we know we know.

We also know

There are known unknowns.

That is to say

We know there are some things

We do not know.

But there are also unknown unknowns,

The ones we don't know

We don't know.

Because Mench, Bell, and Miller stink. This offense sucks.

Yes this offense is dysfunctional, but what major league manager puts his worst hitter (outside of the pitcher) in the 5-hole? Nix is easily the worst hitter on this team. No contest. That's a fact Jack.. And yet he's batting 5th. My head may just explode now.....

Yes this offense is dysfunctional, but what major league manager puts his worst hitter (outside of the pitcher) in the 5-hole?

But he hits left-handed!

Graffanino-R

Fielder-L

Hall-R

Nix-L

Mench-R

I don't really disagree with you. I just don't think Mench, Bell and Miller when he's in there are really much better. Someone's gotta hit there.

At least he isn't hitting Hart there and leading off Nix. That would be even uglier.

For some strange reason reading the Gameday play-by-play made me not feel as bad, because when I saw Turnbow took the loss and we lost by 3 runs, I instantly thought Bow had a Lidge moment, lol.

Even everyone's second and third favorite goats (Jenkins and Sheets, Moeller is #1 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif ) couldn't save us tonight. Man, this is sad.

Ned needs to end his man-love for Jose Capellan. Let the dude get a couple days off here and there. Every time I turn around, Capellan is on the mound whether we're winning, losing, tied, blown out, blowing out, LOL.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Why on earth can't we get past the 7th with a lead?

Bad finish by the crew. Jenks got a huge round of applause by the remaining people with that home run, he could easily get the fan base back if he goes on a tear. Brewers look aweful, but I'll still go/listen/watch the game. Ugh...

Atleast we were able to get 2 baseballs (TY Corey Hart and Ball girl) from some 5 year old kids in our section.

to answer somebody's question about Sheets' pitches on the HRs:

courtesy of the Marlin's broadcast (and my memory from earlier today), the HR by Jacobs was a hanging breaking ball that he was all over and obviously sitting on curveball.

Willingham's (shoot, was that who it was???) was also a hanger.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
the fact that yost let no reliever to warm up in the bottom of the 9th is inexusable. Turnbow can't do 2 innings, and to leave him out there for the 10th, made a loss unaviodable.

Not only that but he didn't have anybody up until Turnbow was 2-0 to the second batter of the inning...he gave up a single and then went 2-0 to the next batter, how they got two outs before letting a run home was miraculous.

Archived