Brewer Fanatic

09/02/06 - Marlins (Johnson) @ Brewers (Sheets) 6:05pm CDT

hawing

You're a cockeyed optimist. I've begun to fear 62-100.

Ha. Well that was fun while it lasted. But last time I predicted a horrible record an hour ago, the Brewers managed to come back and tie the game. So what the heck.

62-100 here we come! We suck! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Russ, crunch your numbers and post the probability of the Brewers finishing 62-100. Even with these guys, the % is probably low, and that might make me feel a little better.

This team is impossible to quantify. I can say that the starting lineup this team has trotted out lately is just plain horrible.

Why Cordero in the 8th? To try to preserve the lead so they still have a fighting chance in the 9th. And for only the first or maybe second time, Cordero doesn't finish the job. Why Turnbow for a 2nd inning? At this point, why not? He let on a couple runners, but it was the once reliable Shouse having a stretch now that proves he's as prone to stink as everyone else in the bullpen has so far.

No matter how you slice it, this late season dive really wasn't something anyone realistically could've foreseen in April. Then again, this is an entirely different team with no real offensive teeth and absolutely no margin for error.

Archived