Brewer Fanatic

7/3/08 Brewers (Parra) at Diamondbacks (Webb): 2:40 PM CDT

hawing
Hopefully this game doesn't send us into a tailspin going into the break, but I have a very, very bad feeling that it might. When you're chasing the best team in the NL you can't blow games like this!!!!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

I don't have a problem with bringing Mota in. It was actually a good spot to help him get his confidence back.

Yost also got him out of there before any damage was done.

Shouse has an ERA under 2 and is great at stranding inherited runners.

Torres blew his first save of the year.

I don't know who to blame, but I think the Mota experience is over now. The silver lining is that Sheets is going tomorrow against the Pirates, but that's going to be a long flight home to Milwaukee.

Hopefully this game doesn't send us into a tailspin going into the break, but I have a very, very bad feeling that it might. When you're chasing the best team in the NL you can't blow games like this!!!!

I'll try to be positive. It was a 5-5 trip and we are returning home. We need Prince to get going however.

Anyone who finds a way to blame Ned for this one, well I feel bad for you.

DFA Mota, seriously. He was getting lucky earlier this year now its finally catching up. Thank god we have a game at home tommorow afternoon.

Okay, I am one of the biggest anti-Ned'ers out there; but how exactly was this Ned's fault?
First of all, Mota is not one of our best relievers. Mota is complete garbage yet Ned always feels the need to put him in. I only want that piece of trash in the game if the Brewers are losing by 5 or more runs.

Mota gave up two infield singles and a walk. It's not like he got shelled. Sure he's been bad, but you can think a 5-run lead is safe with a proven major league reliever.

If you're Ned, what would you have done?

Where's that old "Guillermo Mota for Closer" thread? Remember when he still struck people out? Those were fun times.

Mota ticks me off when he loads the bases every time he pitches.

Shouse ticks me off when he had one job to do and ended up hanging a slider on the only pitch he was able to throw to Tracy.

And with all of this, Gagne is the one that manages to put up a perfect inning. Who would've thunk it. I can only hope this game ticks the team off so bad that they give the Pirates the beating of a lifetime this weekend. I'll still have a sick feeling in my gut the rest of the night, though, and I don't even think Lincecum shutting down the Cubs could fix that. Hopefully they can still catch the second place by the All-Star break (definitely possible because of the Cards/Cubs series this weekend), but losses like this really stink.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'll try to be positive. It was a 5-5 trip and we are returning home. We need Prince to get going however.

Yes.. hurts because they could have actually had a winning road trip but the held serve.. gained on the cubs and could make a push to the break to get into 2nd..

The series at the end of the month will be for first place...

Hopefully this will just be one of the 66 losses we have to deal with this year.

Playing the infield in would have at least kept the game tied with one out, so that's a fair point. But yeah... It was mainly poor performance and bad luck.

Wow, it doesn't even feel real.

I can't believe they were .500 on this trip with Braun and Fielder doing absolutely nothing. Also what to do at 3b now that Branyan is coming back to earth? Not to mention 2b where the ongoing Rickie Weeks experiment is perplexing..

I wish everybody was as consistent as Hart..

I was OK with the infield in. You play back and concede the run and it's tied up and you likely have the winning run at 3d with 1 out which isn't good.

I would have left Gagne in though. He only threw 9 pitches. I was surprised not to see him back out.

this game has nothing to do with ned...we didnt tack on runs...21 LOB ...mota didnt execute... torres finally blew a save

It's not really 21 LOB. That stat is counting every time a guy bats and doesn't get a runner in. The appropriate way to count LOB is to count the runners at the end of the inning.

By the way, is it just me or does it seem like Shouse has been giving up a hit to the first batter he sees with men on base lately?

Also, why was Jackson not intentionally walked to create a force at home and a possible double play? It's not like he really matters as a base runner with the winning run at second.

I am a little stunned people are trying to argue to that Gagne should have been left in.. if that is not 20/20 hindsight.. has anybody besides me watched him pitch this year.. when he came in I was praying they got out of the 8th up 5-4.

Trying to get 2 consecutive good innings out of Gagne is like sending Dave Bush out for the 9th with a one run lead after he has thrown 130 pitches.. you may get away with it but you were probably drunk if you think it is a good decision.

Community Moderator
I mostly just hate how much I let baseball affect my mood. I have a fun night planned and I'm going to be on edge until the game tomorrow because of this.

Archived