Brewer Fanatic

7/3/08 Brewers (Parra) at Diamondbacks (Webb): 2:40 PM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seriously how does this happen? Up 5-0 in the 9th and they can't get one stinkin out. NOT ONE! I want to puke. Way to derail all excitement of a pennant chase and CC rumors with the most ridiculous loss of the year.

Way to go Ned.

Okay, I am one of the biggest anti-Ned'ers out there; but how exactly was this Ned's fault?

We had a 5 run lead and 3 of our best relievers couldn't get 1 out. I don't blame this on Ned.

You would have rather had our headcase 6+ ERA ex-closer that just came off the DL out there for a second inning?

somebody should lose their job for this. Yost, Mota, I don't care who. This is absolutely inexcusable. WE DIDN'T EVEN GET ONE STUPID OUT!!!!!!

edited to say that this is in no way Yost's fault, this is just the type of loss where heads should roll. Takes me back to the Philly game last year. Unreal.

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Get Mota out of town...We didn't get a single out in the 9th
Shouse and Torres didn't get it done, either, but loading the bases with no out is unacceptable, and the other two were dependable.

Mota deserves a spot in Nashville, right next to Turnbow.

Wow. So I'm running errands and pull into the garage as the bases get loaded with no outs in the 9th. I just told my wife, "I'm going to go make sure the Brewers won." I turn on Gameday audio, which happens to be the Arizona broadcast and the first thing I hear is the announcers celebrating.

Okay, I am one of the biggest anti-Ned'ers out there; but how exactly was this Ned's fault?

First of all, Mota is not one of our best relievers. Mota is complete garbage yet Ned always feels the need to put him in. I only want that piece of trash in the game if the Brewers are losing by 5 or more runs.

I would have left Gagne in. I was surprised that Mota was in, and he pitched somewhere below average and got unlucky with where the balls were hit. Watching Torres for a 3rd straight day, you knew it wasn't going to be good, but there aren't really any alternatives at that point.

The worst (or best) part is, I don't even get that upset at these catastrophic loses any more. Not because I've matured in my view of the importance of a game in my life, but because we've seen so many of these games the past year, that I'm rather numb to it all and extremely cynical in regards to the Brewers.

Archived