Brewer Fanatic

7/3/08 Brewers (Parra) at Diamondbacks (Webb): 2:40 PM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think it hit the pole. Looked foul, third base umpire ran down the line had a great view of it. Diamondbacks bullpen, sitting right under the pole argued it was foul. The umpire talked it over with the rest of the umpires who didn't have a good view of it and decided to call it fair, saying it scraped the pole. Darron Sutton and Mark Grace made the point that don't you think the bullpen full of players right there wouldn't have protested if it hit the pole because they would have heard it ding. When the ball hits the pole it makes a sound... I'll take the bad call but it was clearly foul.

I'm sorry Darron and Gracie, but even if there was legal in-game replay, Cameron's hit would still have been ruled a homerun since the video is still very inconclusive. Also, saying that the Diamondback's bullpen thought the ball was foul is not a fair argument to call the ball foul.

at what point do the Brewers start worrying about Manny's innings? Right now he's our 2nd best pitcher, but at some point I would imagine we're going to have to shut him down. I really hope that we don't just ride him into the ground this year going for a playoff spot. Maybe that's something the front office has in mind when they're talking about acquiring a pitcher or 2 for depth.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

If the Crew stays in the hunt their is absolutely no way they would ever shut down Parra. They are going to be taking a huge gamble but they will never do that. I can't imagine the nightmare to be caused if they shut down their 2nd best pitcher in the middle of a pennant race

Archived