Brewer Fanatic

7/3/08 Brewers (Parra) at Diamondbacks (Webb): 2:40 PM CDT

hawing

I'd love to know why this was Ned's fault?

Ned could have walked Jackson as others have pointed out.

Mota got behind Hammock, walked Burke on 5 pitches, Mota probably got hit harder the other day, but the Brewers D bailed him out, whereas today they didn't show up.

Mota sucks, we sorta should have seen it coming.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At supper tonight the S.O. and I pondered which was worse, this meltdown or Coco's last August 5 vs. the Phillies, and we agreed last year's was worse (and not only because we saw that one in person). Along those lines, my baseball heart goes out to all brewerfan posters who were in attendance today.

Personally, CoCo's first blown save in Texas last year is the one that sticks out to me. If I remember correctly, he hadn't blown a save all year coming into that game, and proceeded to give up 4 or 5 hits in a row (I don't think he got the chance to record an out). It sticks with me for a couple reasons -- for one, it was pretty much the start of their June tailspin last year; secondly, it was on my birthday. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

thank you, hawing, for the sympathy for those of us that were at the game. For me, this ranks right up there as probably tied for worst time I've ever had in Phoenix. A couple years ago, Turnbow came into the game up a run in the ninth. Luis Gonzalez hit a pinch-homer to tie the game and the very next pitch, Johnny Estrada hit a walk-off. I've only heard Chase Field really loud three times in all the times I've been there. One was game 7 of the '01 World Series. Two was the Turnbow game (which pretty much started his full-blown collapse--I know his bobblehead game REALLY started it, but still . . .). and three was today.

Here are some other random thoughts . . . .

I already commented on Mota in some other Mota thread so I'm done with that. . . .

Braun had his wrist wrapped up yesterday and today so he was not coming into the game at all. . . .

I know that he is finally getting a t-shirt (or so I've heard) but Russell Branyan does not currently have a jersey t-shirt, but the D-backs DO have one for Augie Ojeda . . . . .

My wife and I have received several comments all series about how well behaved fans we are, especially today. We had to have 10 seperate groups/families give us heartfelt and sincere appreciations for our composure in the ninth inning. It isn't easy to keep your cool in enemy territory. But you could just see the whole thing fold out in slow motion and you just knew it was going to end in a loss. . . . .

We got the 5-5 road trip and the Cubs and Cards managed to lose, basically negating last night. . . .

The wife and I had fun. That was the bottom line.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

crewcrazy:

The game against Texas was ridiculous. Recall that Cordero recorded two quick outs, then proceeded to work a 0-2 count on several hitters. I think he surrendered 5 or 6 consecutive singles. The Brewers win probability was seriously in the 99.9...% range. It was a terrible, terrible loss.

hawing:

I'll agree that the August 5 loss versus Philadelphia was awful. It definitely eclipses tonight. That game included questionable management (why bring in Matt Wise?), and Philadelphia got a cheap RBI (Howard was HBP). Cordero surrendered 3 runs with 2 outs. And then we had to sit through 45 minutes of extra innings, only to watch the Crew lose.

However, the Aramis Ramirez walk-off was the most upsetting, disgusting Brewers loss in a LONG time. I still believe if Cordero could have saved that game, the Brewers would have won the division.

Assuming the Cubs lose tonight(and they'll probably shell Lincecum now), that would make 4 games on this road trip that the Brewers had a chance to gain ground and failed to do so. They could be .5 game out.

So, basically, since the Brewers don't win every game, they are bad at getting into 1st place? I agree!

The game stunk but it was only one game. When there's 162 games, crazy things are going to happen. The Brewers have stolen more than their share of games already this year.

Archived