Brewer Fanatic

7/3/08 Brewers (Parra) at Diamondbacks (Webb): 2:40 PM CDT

hawing

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just look at a few very biased stats for Manny this year going into today.

1-0 vs Arizona

3-0 in day games

4-0 indoors, assuming the roof will be closed there for a day game.

According to the numbers, there is no possible way that he can lose this game right?

Seriously though, I think this could be a huge coming out game for Manny if he can pitch as well as he has recently and get the win against Webb.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I don't know what to expect with facing Webb -- I'm afraid of it being another Kevin Slowey Experience.

Hopefully Manny can go back to keeping the walks down and pitches well this afternoon. With Lincecum facing the Cubs, this could be a good chance to pick up another game on Chicago (although I'm still more concerned with catching the Cards).

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Brewers

2B Rickie Weeks

SS J.J. Hardy

RF Corey Hart

1B Prince Fielder

3B Russell Branyan

LF Gabe Kapler

CF Mike Cameron

C Jason Kendall

LHP Manny Parra

Arizona

SS Stephen Drew

RF Justin Upton

2B Orlando Hudson

1B Conor Jackson

3B Mark Reynolds

CF Chris Young

C Robby Hammock

LF Chris Burke

RHP Brandon Webb

According to Brewers Live last night, Braun apparently has a hand injury that's causing Ned to hold him out of the lineup for the last two games of the series, letting him get some much-needed rest. Apparently it's been bothering him since Atlanta, but he's been playing through it -- it doesn't sound like anything serious, but it looks like the Brewers are taking the chance to give Ryan a couple mental health days.

I have no idea what Prince's excuse is -- it seems like he's lost all patience at the plate trying to bust out of this slump. He popped up some pitches last night that were obviously balls. If he'd go back to being patient, he'd eventually get something good to hit. His average dipped under .270 last night, and it looks like he's trying way too hard to bust out of the slump with a homer or two (with that said, he was robbed of a pretty sure RBI single by Chris Young last night).

Twitter

Words cannot describe how annoying Orlando Hudson has been this series.

He reminds me of Delmon Young in the last Twins series. Just annoying.

He's like a cross between Delmon Young and David Eckstein...he's been insanely hot all series.

How has this inning been for manufacturing runs, Mr. Schroeder? The Brewers aren't scoring by relying on home runs or hits!

Twitter

Cameron got caught in a rundown, but stayed alive long enough for Manny to make a break to second base -- the D'Backs were able to sniff it out and barely get Manny out at second on a close play.

Twitter

Archived