Brewer Fanatic

7/2/08 Brewers (McClung) at Diamondbacks (Petit), 8:40 PM CDT

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope i am not overlapping a thread somewhere else...

just wanted to say after an extremely weird, rocky start tonight he really stayed focused and kept the crew in the ballgame.

it's nice to see a pitcher mature in front of our eyes during the first half of the season.

he could have easily melted down - which i thought was coming at about 4 different times in the first 4 innings - but he really showed some moxie.

i didn't want to say "battle" so i said "moxie." i cheated, but it felt good.

go Seth. thanks for embracing your role on the team and making things happen. seems like a stand-up, humble guy in interviews, too, which is a plus.

man, imagine if yovani was healthy.

I hate little wiener scrubs like Fontenot.

I take it you're not a huge David Eckstein fan, then? I'd like to find out how far I could kick that guy if I got a running start.

those are my two least favorite lapdogs in the league.

I'll join you in the tip of the hat.

Despite being a generally hopeful (which is not always the same as optimistic) Brewers fan, I admit to not considering Big Seth even a potential piece of the puzzle when the season began. I'm happy to be wrong in this case, and hope that Seth will stay hungry enough to keep up his good work.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Great win for the Brewers tonight - way to tread water in the race, while you fight to get back home.

Man, it has to be frustrating to be a DBacks fan right now, they're losing games just about every way possible.

Cameron is clutch, Weeks is clutch, Branyan is clutch, Shouse is clutch, Villanueva is clutch, Torres is clutch, Hardy is clutch.

Did I miss anyone?

Yes, Russ, early on the DBacks made some terrible decisions on the bases, but Seth hung in there on a night when he clearly just didn't have it.

With so many offensive issues, you'd think AZ would be more careful on the bases.

This is just based on the result of the game. Had the Brewers lost, there would be no thread congratulating McClung on his "gutsy" performance.

I know, I'm a wet blanket. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

well, we sat in the club level tonight. Nice view of the action but nothing spectacular that I can't get in the lower deck.

Another great game. D-Backs ran themselves out of scoring opportunities many times. It was nice to see the contact play not work for another team for once.

The wife and I simultaneously said, "Oh, boy," and rolled our eyes when Weeks was announced as the pinch-hitter. Boy, were we wrong. Cameron did a nice job to get his average over the .220 mark.

I never saw Mota warming up at all, but I was at the complete opposite end of the park so it was hard to tell. During the 9th with Torres pitching, nobody got up in the pen, even during the "scary" points of the inning.

Back in the bleachers for tomorrow's game and then driving three hours back home. Darn it, all! At least they're going to go 2-2 in the series and 5-5 on the road trip AT WORST! I will definitely take that, although I'd like to see the win against Webb. I won't be surprised if tomorrow's game lasts about 2 hours and change.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I know Seth might have been a bit lucky, or unlucky. Either way he did 'battle' and hung in there tonight. So, give him credit. Sure hope there is something to the 'dead arm' theory Bill was talking about in the pre-game and we see Seth work through it.

While there was definitely some luck involved in Seth's performance there is something to be said for a guy with control issues maintaining enough focus to still throw strikes and bringing it back together to get through 5 innings. That is a sign of real positive development as a player. On another note it sure is nice to watch the other team be the ones to blunder into outs on the base paths and lose the game as a result.

Cameron is clutch, Weeks is clutch, Branyan is clutch, Shouse is clutch, Villanueva is clutch, Torres is clutch, Hardy is clutch.

Did I miss anyone?

Mcclung?

Counsel cutting down runners at third & home was huge, too (and Kendall hanging on to both those balls at the plate took a little extra gritiness).

I won't be surprised if tomorrow's game lasts about 2 hours and change.

Can you imagine a playoff game of Webb v Sheets? The commercials would run longer than the game.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived