Brewer Fanatic

7/2/08 Brewers (McClung) at Diamondbacks (Petit), 8:40 PM CDT

No fancy graphics, but I have a proposition for you. Every time Brian and Bill mention "McClung Math" tonight, you have to vote 25 times for Braun. That means you'll probably need to register at least 5 new e-mail accounts to do it, but it'll be worth it! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Braun tonight. Perhaps he's spending the night creating fake email addresses to vote for himself...or just a night off because he's had a rough week.

Lineups:

Counsell

Hardy

Hart

Fielder

Branyan

Kapler

Cameron

Kendall

McClung

Ojeda

Drew

Hudson

Jackson

Tracy

Young

Upton

Montero

Petit

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Obligatory with every McClung start:

http://tampaspartans.athleticsite.com/images/sethmcclung.jpg

I thought Owings was supposed to pitch tonight for the Snakes -- did he get scratched from the start? Either way, I hope we get Fake Seth McClung tonight and not the Real Seth McClung that showed up in Minnesota (please no walks and keep the ball down).

Edit: Sitting Braun for a day definitely makes sense, considering how bad he's been lately. Here's a breakdown of how the Brewers have been hitting the past week...lots of guys struggling:

No. Player P GP GS AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI AVG TB SLG
11 Mike Rivera C 2 2 7 1 3 2 0 0 3 .429 5 .714
7 J.J. Hardy SS 5 5 22 6 9 3 0 3 6 .409 21 .955
18 Jason Kendall C 5 5 17 1 6 0 0 0 1 .353 6 .353
1 Corey C. Hart RF 6 6 24 5 8 3 0 2 5 .333 17 .708
23 Rickie Weeks 2B 5 5 21 3 5 2 1 0 1 .238 9 .429
33 Gabe Kapler CF 3 1 5 0 1 0 0 0 1 .200 1 .200
25 Mike Cameron CF 6 5 16 2 3 1 0 0 0 .188 4 .250
8 Ryan J. Braun LF 6 6 28 1 5 2 0 0 1 .179 7 .250
14 Russell Branyan 3B 5 4 13 1 2 0 0 1 1 .154 5 .385
27 Joe Dillon 3B 2 2 8 2 1 0 0 1 2 .125 4 .500
28 Prince Fielder 1B 5 5 19 2 2 0 0 0 1 .105 2 .105
2 Bill Hall 3B 5 4 16 0 1 1 0 0 2 .063 2 .125
31 Dave Bush SP 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
37 Jeff Suppan SP 2 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
30 Craig Counsell 3B 3 1 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Total 6 6 206 24 46 14 1 7 24 .223 83 .403

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

No fancy graphics, but I have a proposition for you. Every time Brian and Bill mention "McClung Math" tonight, you have to vote 25 times for Braun. That means you'll probably need to register at least 5 new e-mail accounts to do it, but it'll be worth it! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

How about we drink everytime they mention #4 tonight?

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Owings was scratched with "some kind of back problem" according to Tom Haudricort.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Jeff Cirillo is pretty much openly pleading with the Brewers to let him replace Bill Hall at third with these batting demos on Brewers Live, isn't he? It's been fun to watch, but there's a hint of "please let me play again" in his voice. He did admit to Jim Powell on the radio prior to the Twins series that he has been calling around the league to see if anyone has any interest...

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Trenni lookin nice and haggard... Sigh.....

How could Trenni ever look haggard? Hitting the beer tents at Summerfest all day?

Anyone else listening to Uke and Yount right now?

Yeah, they're giving virtually no play-by-play. Oh, wait, that was a base hit for the D-backs.

This plant Robin's talking about, where the Robinade is bottled, is right along Fish Hatchery Road in Madison.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It was just funny.

Yount stopped talked and was trying to tell Uke to call the play on the field.

Uke was like, you tellin' me what to do? On my show? My broadcast?

Something like that...

Seth ain't fooling them right now.

C'mon Seth, could be a long night.

Archived