Brewer Fanatic

09/04/06 - Dodgers (Maddux) @ Brewers (Bush) 1:05pm CDT

hawing
I was in attendance today and it was great! I couldn't believe they actually manufactured a run. Props to Bush again a good outing. Surprised and dissapointed no Hall in lineup today but I think the day off will be good for him. We need to keep Cirillo and Fielder in the lineup if we want to get back close to .500 to end the year. Grafffy huge again. And I never thought I would say this but nice to see Jenks in there today and he played well, rather see him in there anyday over Mench. CoCo again lights out.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Today was our 12th win in 19 games attended (with three to go, so the hawing ticket has clinched a winning record, yippee).

The Brewers also manage to avoid a 100-loss season with today's win. Whoo-hoo.

It was just nice to see some effective baseball.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/hawing/Brewers%20-%20General/100_0348.jpg

In case you'd forgotten what a winning (brief) box score looks like. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

My 2 year old son brought the win today. Brewers are 2-0 when he has been at games. Besides today's game, he was at the only Brewers win during an Eveland start.

It was a good game all around. It was an interesting comparision to see 80 year old Kenny Lofton go back on a ball and make a nice catch, while watching a number of balls that Brady couldn't even get near.

And nice throw by Hart to nail the runner at home. That was a huge turning point.

I agree Hawing. Just real effective good baseball today. Not fancy but they got the job done and did little things. And I actually hope to see more Jenkins, he is a better option then Mench and Gross seems to still be injured. Although Jenks has struggled so much this season he still makes me believe when he is up there that he could do something good. Mench makes me believe nothing. Hart looked good today and that rocket he through to home plate was great.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

And nice throw by Hart to nail the runner at home. That was a huge turning point.

You've got that right. I think I was so stunned/relieved to see a win that I wasn't dwelling on the details. Props to Corey (never surrender!), as without his throw the game would have been tied, and who knows where the momentum would have gone.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

as per Gross. . . . I would think that a pulled hamstring is going to take him a while to fully recover, based on my own experience back when I played ball and, I guess, the whole T.O. thing in Dallas.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived