Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park: Only Stadium in baseball to sell more sausages than hot dogs

Not very impressive. So they sell more of four sausages than they do of one other product (hot dog). How many other stadiums even offer 4 alternatives to the hotdog?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I'd be interested to know how many stadiums sell soy dogs (besides Milwaukee), and at what stadium the most are sold. But I imagine that would not be of interest to the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council.

I'm not looking to restart the meat vs. no meat debate, but I will point out that at least when I ask for a soy dog, the Sportservice people are professional enough to neither stare blankly at me nor laugh in my face.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I would have to say the Fenway Frank is highly superior to the Wrigley Field hot dog.

This is a hot dog my Cubs fan friend Travis got in the Wrigley bleachers at a Cubs-Brewers game a few years back, gross!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/SeriesFinale75/DSC04854.jpg

Give me a MP brat with special sauce any day

in related news, people of the planet Earth are reportedly breathing more oxygen than any other gas.

Is anybody really shocked by this sausage announcement. I like that they surveyed 600+ people online to come up with this. Sure sounds like an awful small sample size for a nationwide poll.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I like that they surveyed 600+ people online to come up with this. Sure sounds like an awful small sample size for a nationwide poll.

Are you kidding me? LOL. (I didn't read the article.)

Wouldn't it have been easier to call up each of the 30 teams and just ask them how many brat-type sausages, and how many hot dogs they buy each year, and how well they are selling?

And to think someone probably got paid to do this "study".

We've heard this in the past, so it really isn't "new" news; it's just a reaffirmation.

As far as the sample size, 600 can be OK of appropriate steps are taken to assure randomness. Online surveys almost never qualify that way, though. Companies like Gallup, however, can do a good job with seemingly small numbers.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I've never actually bought a dog or brat at the game, but this past month my wife noticed something at the game from the vendors roaming the stands.

A hot dog cost $4.00

A brat cost $4.25

Why wouldn't you buy a brat?

600 isn't that bad, as along as it's truly a random selection from the population:

"As the sample size increases, there are diminishing returns in percentage error. At percentages near 50%, the statistical error drops from 7 to 5% as the sample size is increased from 250 to 500. But, if the sample size is increased from 750 to 1,000, the statistical error drops from 4 to 3%. As the sample size rises above 1,000, the decrease in marginal returns is even more noticeable."

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/education/polling_fundamentals_error.html

As was mentioned, online polls are far from random.

in related news, people of the planet Earth are reportedly breathing more oxygen than any other gas.

not to be too much of a smarty-pants, but oxygen is really the "hot dog" of atmospheric composition. we breathe in much more nitrogen than oxygen. according to the always reliable wikipedia:

The air we inhale is roughly 78% by volume nitrogen, 21% oxygen, 0.96% argon and 0.04% carbon dioxide, helium, water, and other gases.

Archived