Brewer Fanatic

Daron Sutton predicts something is going to happen with the Brewers and D-Backs

For those that want Scherzer, I believe he was placed on the minor league DL with an arm issue.

I am glad someone mentioned this. I think he had a few good starts, then goes back down to the minors and goes on the DL. Why is he such a hot commodity?

He hasn't had a lot of professional experience, but he has put up some incredible numbers so far: http://minors.baseball-reference.com/players.cgi?pid=32466

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love Hardy but I'm unable to justify him playing 3B... he'd be well below average offensively.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I wouldn't say whining, it was more verbal opposition to batting ahead of the pitcher. Every time his cold start was brought up he would either directly reference or hint towards the fact that he didn't like batting there wanted to bat second.

as long as AZ is in the race.. why would they trade one of their best hitters for a guy that is hitting .210?

They can't their (marginal) fanbase would kill the management.

Id love to see weeks gone and OHudson here...but i dont see how...

as long as AZ is in the race.. why would they trade one of their best hitters for a guy that is hitting .210?

Hudson is a free agent after the season. That may motivate AZ to deal him, but is also may stop the Brewers from pursuing it.

I live in Phoenix, lots and lots of talk on the radio out here about moving Orlando Hudson. The Diamondbacks appear to be attempting trying to make the playoffs and building for the future at the same time, and have been doing that for close to 3 years now. He's in the last year of his contract and they want to get something for him.

Hudson is likely to be a Type A free agent, again, if you deal for him, your offer is competing with the value of two draft picks.

He's obviously a very solid player, and I think he would help the Brewers, he'd be a big defensive upgrade for sure. He's been playing on sore legs this season, which is something worth looking into before making a move.

Career OBP is .344, he's at .356 this season.

He would be a LH bat the Brewers have said to be looking for. It would relegate Weeks to back-up duty, unless they trade him for Hudson. Is Hudson a prototypical lead-off hitter? With his OBP, he certainly seems to be.
Follow me on Twitter

ARI is in 1st place. Trading away a starting 2B seems out of place.

Exactly what I'm saying, yet that is the main topic of sports talk radio out here... not that it means anything just gives a tiny bit of credibility to what Darron said. They are in first place but barely over .500 and seem to constantly try to rebuild and compete for a championship at the same time.

I think AZ could do almost anything this month, they're certainly in the race, but they're also an average team that may not score enough runs to get full benefit out of their pitching staff.

Steve Phillips says they've been discussing Mark Reynolds in trade talks. I have no idea if that's accurate, but just the mention of it surprised me, he's young, and he's got power - which is something they need more of.

Ill pass on Hudson....

I still think Rickie is going to get hot and start becoming that player we all thought he would be.

I'm also not a fan of giving up more prospects for something we really don't have that big of a need for

I hoping its a Darron Sutton for Brain Anderson/Bill Schroeder clearing that analyst log jam allowing Cirillo to step up!

Yes! Sutton and Cirillo sounds much better to me then the current hacks in the booth. I used to tolerate Bill, but now he gets on my nerves. Also Anderson just plays along and acts like Bill's little puppet. It is hard to listen to at times.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived