Brewer Fanatic

09/05/2006 - Dodgers (Hendrickson) @ Brewers (Davis) 7:05pm

sgtcluels

LA Dodgers (73 - 64)

Mark Hendrickson LHP (5-14, 5.81/1.44)

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/images/2006/08/22/SbfuZ2N7.jpg

Hendrickson had a 3-0 lead after one frame and couldn't get out of the fifth inning in his most recent start, knocked around by the Reds for nine hits, two of them home runs. If Chad Billingsley hadn't gotten hurt, Hendrickson might not have been called upon for this start.

@

Milwaukee Brewers (63 - 75)

Doug Davis LHP (9-9, 4.29/1.59)

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2006/04/13/ZNpwDjAD.jpg

Davis said he had his "best stuff" of the year at Houston on Thursday, but was charged with three of the Astros' four seventh-inning runs and suffered his third straight loss. Davis went 2-1 with a 2.52 ERA last September and is 10-8 with a 3.88 ERA for his career over the final month.

TV: FSN (642 DTV, 31 TWC Milwaukee)

Radio: 620 WTMJ.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't the last 3HR Prince's in that sweep clinching game with Colorado on August 24? (Remember? There was hope then?)

I had a perfect vantage point for the entire arc of that hit, which will be one of my favorite memories this off season.

Hey! Sharpie didn't give any runs back immediately! Woohoo!

I'll answer my own question. Daron's at his grandmother's funeral.

While I'm not gladdened by that news, I am glad you posted it, because I was distracted right at the moment it was explained on FSN.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived