Brewer Fanatic

Peter Gammons on ESPN

I got this from Sportsbubbler.com:

I just watched some espn on TV, and Peter Gammons was asked about the Trade Deadline and the Milwaukee Brewers. A few points that he made,

1. He thinks the Brewers will for sure go after 1 or 2 Starting Pitchers.

2. He isn't 100% sure that the Brewers will get Sabathia. He said that Philly could make a run after him as well.

3. He said that it is possible that the Brewers would trade Hardy or Weeks. He is hearing that from several other teams.

4. He said that the Brewers could bring up Escobar right now to replace either Hardy or Weeks.

5. He said that Scouts have said that the Huntsville team is one of the talented if not the most talanted team that they have ever seen in the Minors.

6. The Brewers have told him they will not give up two of the following - LaPorta, Gamel, Escobar, Salome, Brantley

The thing that intrigues me is all of a sudden Hardy's name is being thrown in. Haven't heard his name until now.

Archived