Brewer Fanatic

Chris Snyder to the DL (Fractured Testicle)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i144/bjkrautk/cartman.jpg

"...You are breaking my balls, man."

(This is one of those injuries that makes a man double over just hearing about it. You just hope the surgery goes well, especially if he still hopes to have little backstops of his own.)

I was blissfully unaware that a baseball could *FRACTURE* one's testicle.

This begs the question; was he wearing a cup and did it 'function' correctly?

Heh. I watched this happen, and on the same day I watched a Yankee catcher also take one in the same area, and wondered outloud to my bf why they were so hurt if they were wearing a cup. He gave me a pained look in response. I guess it's one of those things that a person with ovaries will never (thankfully ever) understand.

Heh. I watched this happen, and on the same day I watched a Yankee catcher also take one in the same area, and wondered outloud to my bf why they were so hurt if they were wearing a cup. He gave me a pained look in response. I guess it's one of those things that a person with ovaries will never (thankfully ever) understand.

The worst part about it is it doesn't stay confined in that one area. It goes all the way up to your stomach. When I got hit there the worst part was the pain in the stomach and not where I actually took the shot.

Sorry to belabor the point, but I thought it was tasteless enough when Grace and Sutton were speaking in falsetto voices when the injury happened. It was all fun and games, with the obligatory "I hope he's okay" at the point of injury. And then to hear their solemn tone the next day reminded me of why I turn down the sound. I know it's hard not to joke like that - see "America's Funniest Home Videos" - but I just like my baseball broadcasts free of the humor that cuts up my 4-year-old nephew.

Have you ever been hit in the helmet with a pitched baseball? It still hurts, even though you have "protection". It just hurts less. The same thing happens with the cup. The pain is a good 7 or 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. Without the cup it's a "please put me out of my misery".

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I tried to take a picture at the game of Snyder bent over while the ump and Corey Hart were "talking" to give Snyder time. It was going to be the perfect "caption" contest picture.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the camera out in time (Snyder started walking around and trying to "shake it off" by the time I was ready.) I guess it's probably a good thing.

Get well, Chris.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The crazier thing to me is that Jose Molina actually got it worse than Snyder, at least in terms of velocity (crossed up signs with the Yankees pitcher -- Veras? -- and took a 90+ FB in the same spot Snyder took the foul tip), and *stayed in the game*

If that's not good enough to get you into the Chuck Norris Bad-Mamma-Jamma HoF, I don't know what is.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived