Brewer Fanatic

7/1/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Diamondbacks (R. Johnson): 8:40 PM CDT

jazzytrav
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 10-game roadie, against three solid teams, in three time zones, and the worst you'll be is 4-6.

That's certainly nothing to complain about, one more win would move it from "acceptable", to "awesome."

Just get this trip over with, then come home and pound on those bottom-dwellers!

Backtracking a bit in this game: I just watched Dillon's homerun on Gameday and of course, the two Brewer fans the Arizona telecast showed cheering were gastrointestinal bypass candidates. Nothing like perpetuating the stereotype.

boy, I hope that wasn't me and the wife!

I highly doubt it.

edit: We had a good time tonight. It was interesting to watch D-Back fans reactions when I'd tell them that there is no way that I'm comfortable with a 7-1 lead. When Mota was in, they finally understood, I think.

I sure was glad to FINALLY see Joe Dillon hit career HR #1. I've been waiting for that for a while. JJ's 2nd homer and the Conor Jackson blast were just a bit to our left (one bleacher section over). You can probably see me in my BF.net shirt if you look real close on the replays.

Great win! 4-6 road trip at worst, which is all I asked for last week. Now, I can be greedy and see 2 more wins, I hope.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

anybody else surprised they used mota tonight and not gagne?

Initially I was, but now I think it's Ned attempting to psyche us out. Trot out Mota, giving fans a fresh mental picture of his suckitude...and voila, Gagne doesn't look quite as bad! (Or so Ned hopes.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Gagne didn't even warm up once. In fact, even when Mota was throwing meatballs, Torres was the only one throwing.

In the 9th, Shouse was throwing. If he came in, he'd have had to throw to at least 3 right-handers before facing a lefty!

I still can't believe Gagne didn't throw at all in the pen.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I sure was glad to FINALLY see Joe Dillon hit career HR #1

Its actually his first as a Brewer. He hit one as a Marlin in 2005. That one goes with his 152 he hit in the Minors. I can't believe he has so little pop in his bat up here.

Archived