Brewer Fanatic

7/1/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Diamondbacks (R. Johnson): 8:40 PM CDT

jazzytrav

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phoenix - Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks is out of the lineup tonight against Arizona because of a stomach virus but that's not the only change in the Brewers' lineup.

Beyond Joe Dillon replacing Weeks, Mike Rivera is playing first base in place of Prince Fielder and Gabe Kapler is in center field in place of Mike Cameron.

Cameron is 2-for-29 with 18 strikeouts for his career against Randy Johnson, so that explains that move. And Fielder is 2-for-27 on the road trip, so that probably explains that move as well.

Whether any of these moves works is debatable. Kapler is 1-for-11 for his career against Johnson. Bill Hall is 0 for 11 with six strikeouts against Johnson.

Basically, nobody the Brewers have hits Johnson other than Jason Kendall, who is 12 for 40 (.300). In his one appearance against Johnson, Ryan Braun went 1 for 3 with a homer.

Anyway, here's the lineup:

2B Joe Dillon

SS J.J. Hardy

LF Ryan Braun

RF Corey Hart

CF Gabe Kapler

1B Mike Rivera

3B Bill Hall

C Jason Kendall

RHP Jeff Suppan

http://i.timeinc.net/recipes/i/recipes/ck/04/07/sausage-soup-ck-682961-l.jpg

vs.

http://www.juneauempire.com/Images/042298/unit.jpg

Please don't suck tonight, Suppan.

Edit: After seeing that lineup, I'm surprised Ned didn't find a way to get Seth McClung in there. His arm would be pretty good in right field, and he had two hits against Johnson last time!

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Look at how lucky the Tigers have been! Judging by their Runs scored/against they won't be able to remain over .500 for the rest of the '08 season http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/aad1509a825756c34560380550a43037ce7f7d9.pjpg

Prince doesn't eat poor little birds, so he's still angry at Johnson for this. It's payback time!

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Oh God, I remember Julio Santana and Ricky Bottalico. Gotta love JDLR's 2.03 WHIP there, too.

Tom H was just on ESPNEWS' "Pre-Game" show that goes around the Majors and previews each match-up. The host talked about how the Brewers have the 3rd best record in the NL, but unfortunately the two teams with better records are also in their division. Tom H says that the team isn't too down about that, because they have a ton of games against the Cards and Cubs left, so they think they're still in control of their own destiny. He added that the team feels that the key is that they're still in the hunt at this point.

The host mentioned that the Brewers have the best record in baseball since May 20, and brought up the idea of possibly adding C.C. Sabathia. Tom H said that the Brewers won't mention any possible trade targets by name, but he believes they'll try to add a "pitcher of note" to replace the loss of Yovani Gallardo. The host asked who other targets could be if they don't go after Sabathia, and brought up the name of Greg Maddux. Tom H said that he believes Maddux would be a fit because of his brother being the pitching coach and Ned Yost being close to him from his days in Atlanta. He said the Brewers could also benefit from adding a guy who's been around the playoffs as much as Maddux has. Added that the price tag for acquiring Maddux would obviously be lower than that of Sabathia, but no one really knows what the Padres are asking for.

It was a short little interview, but it was nice to see ESPN giving the Brewers credit for their recent hot streak. It seems like Buster Olney has repeated "THE BREWERS ARE CONTENDERS IN THE SABATHIA SWEEPSTAKES" enough times to get the higher-ups to finally pay attention.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

And another thing - how's a team gonna call itself the Highlanders? "There can be only one!!!!" ring a bell?

I see your point, and I raise you this point: The Highlanders would go on to become the Yankees, and isn't it the battle cry of the Yankees "There can be only one!!!"? I mean, if George Steinbrenner isn't a Highlander, I don't know who is.

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/e323588a45f3941ed71f92062473d8227c95991.jpg

Christopher Lambert just peed himself.

Archived