Brewer Fanatic

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

tell me you didn't just mention 2008. the Cubs have been holding up those stupid "wait till next year" signs for 100 years. despite our youth, we have no guarantee of success next year or any other year. this is our year. 07. i'll definitely be upset to not make the playoffs this year, and thinking of 08 sure isn't going to help.

whoa, sorry, that came off a little rude. my apologies. i think i'm still fuming a little bit from that extra-innings, bases-loaded double play a few nights ago.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

despite our youth, we have no guarantee of success next year or any other year. this is our year. 07.

If there are no guarantees about next year, why should there be any about this year?

If the Brewers can't count on the younger guys improving next year enough to compete again, should anyone count on the young guys being able to be good enough over 162 games to be a playoff team?

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

I think they'll improve - if only because Rickie's wrist will be 100% (to go with his improvement in taking walks and getting on base) and we'll have a full season of Braun - and Kevin Mench will not be on the roster.

That said, I'm worried. Cordero blew a save and then took the loss. We can't seem to get consistency from the starting rotation, and one of our relievers (Balfour) might as well be a baby seal for all the good it does the Brewers.

Archived