Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park may sell Coors beer

bork
the two companies did not merge nor are they going to merge. the deal was to split distrubition costs so they could play catch up with anuescher busch. they still produce their own beer and run their own breweries. just an fyi

the two companies did not merge nor are they going to merge. the deal was to split distrubition costs so they could play catch up with anuescher busch. they still produce their own beer and run their own breweries. just an fyi

they are going to be sharing some brewing responsibilities. ie Miller Lite being brewed in Golden and Coors Light being brewed in Milwaukee. They are also merging all of the administrative and sales team members. There still will be separate brand teams for each brands. It is just not a distribution tool even though 2/3 of all Miller distributors also distribute Coors nationwide.

You can get High Life, but only on draft.

Not that I have any preference for high life over MGD, but after reading the reports about how commonly tap beer is contaminated http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif, I now stick with the plastic bottles.

Not that I have any preference for high life over MGD, but after reading the reports about how commonly tap beer is contaminated http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif, I now stick with the plastic bottles.

I know for a fact the lines at Miller Park are cleaner regularly.

Funny, I've never had a single problem, and I drink tap beer all the time.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Meh, all beer tastes the saem anyway, like swamp pee.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

I'll 3rd that motion. I used to get made fun of unmercifully because I wouldn't drink beer at parties, I'd always just drink hard liqour or on occasion some type of malt beverage. Is Smirnoff's really that unmanly?

Yet the JS article stated that:

A Miller Genuine Draft from a terrace-level concession stand at Miller Park had 3,300 yeast cells per gram when it shouldn't have any.

Beer lines should be cleaned at least once every two weeks, according to industry standards.

Tom Olson, general manager of Sportservice Corp., which operates the concessions at Miller Park, said his company cleans the lines once a month.

"Every two weeks is something I hadn't heard before," Olson said.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

I'll 3rd that motion. I used to get made fun of unmercifully because I wouldn't drink beer at parties, I'd always just drink hard liqour or on occasion some type of malt beverage. Is Smirnoff's really that unmanly?

Not if your 14.

BTW-Schlitz is back out on the market in bars and they were having a big promotion at a bar I was at. I used to drink it in college so I had one. Everyone made fun of me. Then they had a taste and realized it tastes pretty good. Now whenever we go to that bar everyone gets Schlitz's.

IMO its a pretty good Beer that gets a bad rep in the era of light beers.

Verified Member
The Classic Schlitz is so popular, it's been selling out everywhere. They can't keep it in stock. Schlitz used to be the top beermaker in the world, until they screwed with the formula.

Schlitz tried to come up with a new, more cost effective and quicker formula for their beer that turned out to be their downfall. Bork was right in that it was the #1 Beer in the country, but was loosing ground to Bud at the time and I believe fell behind just before that ill-fated busoness decision.

The new Schlitz is the original formula put out by a guy who was in love with the old beer. They started it out in Tampa, Minn, and then the Northside of Chicago before they opened the MKE market a week or two ago. I live on the north side of Chicago so I have been enjoying it for a while...of course, I didn't mind the old formula too much either. It is nice to be able to get it in bottles or tap though. I would recomend everyone gives it a try.

Yet the JS article stated that:

A Miller Genuine Draft from a terrace-level concession stand at Miller Park had 3,300 yeast cells per gram when it shouldn't have any.

Beer lines should be cleaned at least once every two weeks, according to industry standards.

Tom Olson, general manager of Sportservice Corp., which operates the concessions at Miller Park, said his company cleans the lines once a month.

"Every two weeks is something I hadn't heard before," Olson said.

and to think that my fraternity in college cleaned our lines once a year...in good years!

once i try swamp pee, i will be able to make a comparison http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived