at Arizona (1-2)

Pittsburgh (2-1)

Colorado (2-2)

Cincinnati (2-1)

at San Francisco (1-2)

at St. Louis (0-4)

Houston (1-2)

Chi Cubs (2-2)

That gives me 11-16. The wheels come off.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No record, I'm sticking with my original prediction from May...

Cubs come to town for that last series of the month up by two games in the standings.

It's a tied Central Division when they leave town.

You guys are really predicting less than 10 losses? I know the Brewers have been playing better in the last month, but the odds of them continuing to win at above a .600 clip is pretty unlikely.

When things are going well, predictions are widely optimistic. When things are bad, everyone predicts death and famine. Just the way it is, I guess.

Community Moderator

I'm a little late into this since we are already 2-0 in July but I can see us going 7-3 on the big homestand, 2-5 on the post-ASB roat trip, and hitting a rough stretch at the end of the month. That looks like about 15-12 or 16-11, which means they play about 1-2 over .500 from here to the end of the month.

Assuming things don't go terribly wrong, I can see why people are calling for 8-9 losses. This looks like our month to make a move on the Cubs. Hopefully we can have a shot at passing the Cubs when they come to MP.

I'm a little late to the thread, but here is my prediction of a typical Yost led July:

2-1 @ Arizona

2-1 vs. Pittsburgh

1-3 vs. Colorado

1-2 vs. Cincinatti

(All Star Break)

1-2 @ San Fransisco

1-3 @ St. Louis

2-1 vs. Houston

1-3 vs. Chicago

That should give us a record of 11-16 in July. And we're already 2-0, so there are only 9 more wins left in the month.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

You guys are really predicting less than 10 losses? I know the Brewers have been playing better in the last month, but the odds of them continuing to win at above a .600 clip is pretty unlikely.

When things are going well, predictions are widely optimistic. When things are bad, everyone predicts death and famine. Just the way it is, I guess.

I think the schedule is as big of a reason for the optimism as anything. With 17 of the 27 games at home, there is little to indicate that they would have to do much out of the ordinary to go 17-10. Less than 10 losses would obviously require an extra win or two, but perhaps it is not all that unlikley. I don't necessarily think it will happen, but does 12-5 at home, and 6-4 on the road really sound that out of line?

I'll hop on a bit late...

2-1 @ Arizona

2-1 vs. Pittsburgh

3-1 vs. Colorado

2-1 vs. Cincinatti

(All Star Break)

2-1 @ San Fransisco

1-3 @ St. Louis

2-1 vs. Houston

2-2 vs. Chicago

That would be 16-11 for the month. I could also see 14-13 pretty easily, however.

• 3 weeks later...
They'll lose 2 in San Francisco, which will spawn a lovely round of "This season is over, Melvin stinks, Yost stinks, Prince stinks, the parking attendants stink, my mother never loved me, and my dog ran away."

They'll close the month taking three of four from the Cubs, which will lead to a board filled with, "Cubs stink, Piniella stinks, I knew they were a fluke, extend Melvin's deal, keep Ned forever, Counsell is the glue of this team, I knew Dillon would become a power threat, I've just changed my son's name to Rickie."

Best post of all time. Well done, sir. Well done.

Archived