Rockies: 4

Reds: 3

Astros: 3

Cubs: 4

Away

Diamondbacks: 3

Giants: 3

Cardinals: 4

IMO, this is the month to make our big move. We play only 10 games on the road all month and those 10 games are splittable. Of our 17 home games, all but 4 are against a divisional opponent and 13 of them are against what I don't have a problem calling inferior competition.

I say 16-11, although another win or two is doable if we're playing well and make some moves towards the end of the month. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

For fun... here are the Cardinals and Cubs schedules

Cards

3 vs. New York Mets

3 vs. Chicago Cubs

3 @ Philadelphia

3 @ Pittsburgh

(All Star Break)

4 vs. San Diego

4 vs. Milwaukee

3 @ New York Mets

4 @ Atlanta

Cubs

3 @ San Fransisco

3 @ St. Louis

3 vs. Cincinatti

3 vs. San Fransisco

(All Star Break)

3 @ Houston

3 @ Arizona

4 vs. Florida

4 @ Milwaukee

I'll say 14-13 for the Cards, 13-13 for the Cubs.

3 @ Arizona (2 Wins 1 Loss)

3 vs. Pittsburgh (3 Wins)

4 vs. Colorado (3 Wins 1 Loss)

3 @ San Francisco (2 Wins 1 Loss)

4 @ St. Louis (2 Wins 2 Losses)

3 vs. Houston (3 Wins)

4 vs. Chicago (3 Wins 1 Loss)

18-6 Optimistic prediction

3 @ Arizona (1 Win 2 Losses)

3 vs Pittsburgh (2 Wins 1 Loss)

4 vs Colorado (2 Wins 2 Losses)

3 @ San Francisco (1 Win 2 Losses)

4 @ St. Louis (1 Win 3 Losses)

3 vs. Houston (2 Wins 1 Loss)

4 vs Chicago (2 Wins 2 Losses)

11-13 Pessimistic prediction.

I'll agree with 17-10, plus the acquisition of a top of the rotation SP. All in all a good month - sole posession of the WC and w/in sniffing distance of the Cubs on August 1st.

There are only two series that scares me for the Brewers that will make my pessimistic prediction come somewhat true and that is the games remaining against the Diamondbacks and that 4 game series in St. Louis. If we can come away with 2 wins against St. Louis who could be tied for the division or even leading the division after this weekend is kind of scary.

I do believe the Cards and Cubs do have a harder schedule than the Brewers have though so they could also slump a little and we would be right where we are right now at the end of July which isn't great but its not awful either.

I'll say 14-13 for the Cards, 13-13 for the Cubs.

I dunno, just eyeballing it, it looks like the Cubs have the easier schedule than the Cards, not to mention the Cards aren't actually that good.

I could see the Cardinals winning as few as 10-12 games. If they went 12-15 and we win 16 games, we're ahead by one game. I think that's just about the best we can hope for realistically, though baseball is a strange game.

I think the Cubs win about 14 games, maybe a few more.

3 @ Arizona (1-2)

3 vs. Pittsburgh (2-1)

4 vs. Colorado (3-1)

3 vs. Cincinatti (2-1)

(All Star Break)

3 @ San Fransisco (Totally depends on if we face Lincecum and/or Cain, I'll say 1-2)

4 @ St. Louis (1-3)

3 vs. Houston (3-0)

4 vs. Chicago (2-2)

15-12

Then again, I said 13-13 for June and predicted they'd lose the home series to Toronto http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

3-0 @ Arizona

2-1 vs. Pittsburgh

3-1 vs. Colorado

2-1 vs. Cincinatti

(All Star Break)

1-2 @ San Fransisco

2-2 @ St. Louis

3-0 vs. Houston

3-1 vs. Chicago

a 19-8 month would be FABULOUS!!!

of course, this prediction is sure to go wrong since every July in the Yost era seems to see a complete meltdown into August.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

15 - 12 keeps the Brewers in the hunt...

3 @ Arizona (1 Win
3 vs. Pittsburgh (2 Wins
4 vs. Colorado (3
3 vs. Cincinatti (2
(All Star Break)
3 @ San Fransisco (1
4 @ St. Louis (2
3 vs. Houston (2
4 vs. Chicago (2

16-11

They'll lose 2 in San Francisco, which will spawn a lovely round of "This season is over, Melvin stinks, Yost stinks, Prince stinks, the parking attendants stink, my mother never loved me, and my dog ran away."

They'll close the month taking three of four from the Cubs, which will lead to a board filled with, "Cubs stink, Piniella stinks, I knew they were a fluke, extend Melvin's deal, keep Ned forever, Counsell is the glue of this team, I knew Dillon would become a power threat, I've just changed my son's name to Rickie."

Oh, and they'll get Sabathia on July 25th.

16-11. I'm hoping they really exceed that run in the last homestand before the break. That's our best chance to pick up some ground on the Cubs & Cards.

I really like that we have no more 3 series road trips until September...we just have to get through the next three games. I'm hoping for 2/3, and we really need to make sure we get at least one.

at Arizona (2-1)

Pittsburgh (3-0)

Colorado (2-2)

Cincinnati (2-1)

at San Francisco (3-0)

at St. Louis (2-2)

Houston (2-1)

Chi Cubs (3-1)

19-8. I could see us going 17-10 though very easily by splitting with Chicago and going 2-1 at SF.

Optimistic prediction. My belly will have a Free Hamburger from Webb's in it this month after the Crew Rattle off a 12 game Win Streak (yeah right Tank). This is possible if we sweep at home and either the last two against Az or the first two against SL... I could see us sweeping our Homestand. Come on Crew....make it happen!

You guys are really predicting less than 10 losses? I know the Brewers have been playing better in the last month, but the odds of them continuing to win at above a .600 clip is pretty unlikely. A more realistic projection is 15-12 or maybe 16-11. With so many games at home against slightly less talented teams, the Brewers should definitely go above .500, but 10 games over is crazy.

3 @ Arizona - 2-1 (2-1)

3 vs. Pittsburgh - 2-1 (4-2)

4 vs. Colorado - 3-1 (7-3)

3 vs. Cincinnati - 1-2 (8-5) [i always have a bad feeling when it comes to series against the Reds...probably an irrational fear that this series will turn out the worst before the break]

ASG

3 @ San Francisco - 1-2 (9-7)

4 @ St. Louis - 2-2 (11-9) [Also afraid this series could turn into another nightmare]

3 vs. Houston - 2-1 (13-10)

4 vs. Chicago - 2-2 (15-12)

15-12, assuming the team stands as-is and there are no big additions before the trade deadline. If they get a certain Hefty Lefty by the St. Louis series, I could see them getting a couple more wins, maybe going 17-10 (not that making such a move would automatically guarantee two more wins, but I think a move like that could breathe some much-needed life by the end of the month when players are starting to wear down).

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

at Arizona (1-2)

Pittsburgh (2-1)

Colorado (2-2)

Cincinnati (2-1)

at San Francisco (2-1)

at St. Louis (2-2)

Houston (2-1)

Chi Cubs (2-2)

I get 15-12, but stealing an extra game or two would obviously be stellar. Sweeping Pittsburgh &/or SF would be where I'd guess those 'extra' games would be best nabbed... but a boy can dream about 3 (or even 4) from the Cubs!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived