Brewer Fanatic

Who replaces Hart in right?

JoeHova

It's becoming pretty obvious that Corey doesn't want to be here, considering that he won't sign an extension with the Brewers. After this year, they'll still have him for 3 years, but it makes sense that they would want to trade him now or after the season to clear some room for their young players and get some pitching in return.

The question is, who will replace him in right? Will Braun move there next year? Is Hart's imminent trade the reason why LaPorta has been playing right instead of left this year? Will Gamel be moved there? Maybe Bobby Abreu on the free agent market for a year or two?

It's becoming pretty obvious that Corey doesn't want to be here

Only to you, apparently. Hart turned down an offer -- the Brewers probably tried to get him to sign cheap, and Corey isn't dumb (or at least has a good agent/advisor)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Only someone as arrogant as Corey Hart would wear his sunglasses at night, and it really shows that he has no interest in being a leader for his team. Why hasn't he gone on another 22-game hit streak like he did last year? It must be all his new tattoos -- that's the only thing that's changed from last year.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

((unless I'm off my mark with Joe, this entire thread is supposed to be a big blue poke in the eye to the who replaces Prince at frist thread))

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Yeah, I totally agree with splitterpfj. He is having a great year. Why would he sign an extension now when his value is just going up? Wait till the offseason and I'm sure something will get worked out. And even if it doesn't, why would they trade him now?

Corey Hart is a jerk. I told him to hit a HR once and he didn't. Thats proof he doesn't care about me or Milwaukee. All he cares about is what is on the spread after the game, because it seems to me that he is atleast 30 pounds heavier than last year, he might be pushing 200 pounds now.

The one reason I'd hope he's off the team is so I don't have to hear his awful at-bat music. I haven't liked any of the 5-6 songs he's used the last few years. Other than than he's my favorite Brewer http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

Corey Hart is a jerk. I told him to hit a HR once and he didn't. Thats proof he doesn't care about me or Milwaukee. All he cares about is what is on the spread after the game, because it seems to me that he is atleast 30 pounds heavier than last year, he might be pushing 200 pounds now.

dont forget too, he HATES puppies.

dont forget too, he HATES puppies.

A friend told me that one of his friend's brothers works in the Brewers clubhouse and they said that Corey Hart sprinkles crushed puppies on his salad before every game. True story.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

A friend told me that one of his friend's brothers works in the Brewers clubhouse and they said that Corey Hart sprinkles crushed puppies on his salad before every game. True story.

Actually, it's much more nefarious than that. He sprinkles the puppies on the salad and then gives them to kids and says, "That's it kids. Don't ever try to eat right. Vegetables are full of crushed puppies! Ewwww!"

It's probably just a ploy to get kids as fat as he is and get to like 105 pounds.

((unless I'm off my mark with Joe, this entire thread is supposed to be a big blue poke in the eye to the who replaces Prince at frist thread))

Big ditto on that interpretation from these quarters. A much-needed poke in the eye, at that.

For everyone that is so sure he'll sign an extension, why do you think that? Is it just because Boras isn't his agent? I doubt very much that the Brewers will be able to extend Corey Hart and buy out any FA years. They waited too long. He knows he'll get a big fat pay raise this offseason no matter what, and the arbitration system will be very friendly to him, as he is a high AVG, high counting stats kind of player. Why wouldn't he just go year to year and then go for a big payday as a free agent?

Moreover, if he does do that, or if he states he intends to, why do Brewer fans insist on regarding that decision as a personal slap in the face? Why should it make you any less able to enjoy watching him play baseball at a high level?

Prince and Corey are equally goners in 3 1/2 years, in my view, until an extension is actually signed. Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Everything that is born one day will die. We've got quite a nice opportunity to make the playoffs a few times and possibly win a championship if we get a little lucky. Why not just try to enjoy that?

Corey Hart sprinkles crushed puppies on his salad before every game. True story.

In an chat before to the 2007 season, Corey stated, "I don't shy away from any food, and I welcome any food to my plate."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Long term deals ensure financial stability. If you go year to year, you take the risk of a career ending injuries.

Absolutely - why does this matter in Hart's case but not in Fielder's? Especially given that we have reason to believe that Fielder may actually have some present day financial worries?

(I'm assuming you think Hart will be extended and Fielder will not here, if you don't, disregard.)

Brawndo, I think it does matter in both cases, but Prince knowingly hired an agent who believes in the year-to-year philosophy.

I'm sure the Brewers will make another offer to Prince, just as they will to Hart, but if Boras looks the other way again, then there's really no reason for the team to continue a multi-year deal with Prince - his agent's track record is quite clear.

The Fielder trade talk really grates on Joe for some reason, it was only a matter time before he let loose one of his own. I like the Lawrie thread too.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived