Brewer Fanatic

Omaha Steaks

PeaveyFury

I was just at my parents last weekend and they had just ordered a box that included hot dogs and steaks. The hot dogs were huge.

Pretty good stuff, depends on what you're looking for. The prices aren't bad, so it's worth a try once to see if you like it. I like the looks of that top sirloin package or the "overstock special" of 32 4 oz. (quarter pounders) burgers for $39 on their page.

As an added bonus, they received a 6-piece knife set (which is now mine), that included a chef's knife (something I've been wanting).

I can tell you this, they are definitely better than No Name Steaks--tried once, never again.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

My wife will order steaks and pork chops. The steaks are outstanding and as it was said in a previous post, the hot dogs are huge. They come well packaged and I haven't had a average piece of meat yet from OS. Well worth trying it at least once.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
There's a Omaha steaks store near Mayfair in Wauwatosa now. I'm sure my dad will try it in the next few weeks.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Aftering living in Omaha for 3 years and consuming plenty of steaks, I have found that Jacobsons deli has just as good of steaks. Actually most true butcher shops steaks are just as good if they purchase local beef that is corn feed without any added growth hormones and have not been frozen.

Archived