Brewer Fanatic

Crazy idea.... (Fielder+Jeffress? for King Felix+Sexson)

The Mariner's don't need Fielder, they need like 4 players. It makes no sense straight up because if the Mariner's thought they could compete in the next 3 years they wouldn't trade Hernandez and if they can't they don't want Fielder.

That's why I was proposing my idea...Seattle clearly has to rebuild, but a swap involving more position players would set up Seattle more quickly than just trading for Prince alone. Also, the Mariners have apparently already told some teams they don't want to trade Ichiro, but acquiring Fielder might be enough to make them move him, since he's quite marketable.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The Mariners need to sell tickets and would have to be blown away for Ichiro. Even then I doubt they're going to do it. No team will trade away an ace or even a potential ace. Hernandez and Kershaw are not moving. They're two of the best building blocks in baseball. It doesn't matter what the Brewers offer.

Verified Member
Ichiro is a god here in Seattle. Even more so than Robin Yount was to the Brewers. We could send them Braun, Fielder, hart and hardy and a two million cash they would still not trade Ichiro.

Ichiro is a god here in Seattle. Even more so than Robin Yount was to the Brewers. We could send them Braun, Fielder, hart and hardy and a two million cash they would still not trade Ichiro.

yes, yes they would. pretty sure theyd trade their entire starting lineup for that package.

Archived