Brewer Fanatic

6/30/08 Brewers (Bush) at Diamondbacks (Davis): 8:40 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Terrible pitches are strikes, good pitches are balls. It's like there's no rhyme or reason to it.

Are all major league umpires on vacation? Do all of them get their 4 weeks at the same time? MJH were debating the asininity of having a crew of minor league umps for the Cubs - Sox Sunday night game.

In Bush's defense (and I won't defend the lack of backing up home), those first three hits were dinks and dunks. That isn't any consolation, but its worth noting. DARN Gabe almost cleared the bags... I'll take the one run. Let's hope Weeks can get on base.

yep, I'll agree with this one. We were at the game and all three hits were broken bat bloopers that managed to fall in. Although, the bloop to right that Corey threw to the plate could have been caught. He always seems to pull up on those instead of going for the catch. I guess he's afraid of it getting by him. But he easily could have got to that one tonight with just a little more hustle.

edit: anyway, the wife and I still had a lot of fun. Took over 200 pictures from our seats down by the field. I forgot the cord to upload the pictures onto the laptop at home so I can't upload any until we get home later this week. Gotta dig up that old picture at games thread.

We had seat-side food service for the first time ever tonight. It was worth getting the food without getting up but otherwise the menu and the food was kinda disappoining. Prices were fine but the food quality and quantity was not at all what I was expecting, based on what people have said with their experiences at Miller Park.

Let's go get 'em tomorrow. First row bleachers in left-center tomorrow night. Probably wearing BF.net t-shirt under my Brewers Hawaiian shirt. I'll have to remember to rip the Hawaiian shirt off on any deep drives to left-center to get free publicity for the site.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'll have to remember to rip the Hawaiian shirt off on any deep drives to left-center to get free publicity for the site.

You'd better. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I also forgot, we had Cappy doing his interview about 10 feet from us. As he and Craig C. were headed to their seats for the interview, we said hi and asked how his elbow felt. He said, "It feels great. Looking forward to working out soon." When the interview was over, we wished him luck and he said thanks and that he appreciates it.

His arm was just wrapped in a fresh gauze dressing. It was kind of weird to see. I wouldn't have thought it'd be wrapped so non-chalently.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

When Coshun was talking to Cappy last night, I thought you guys might have been nearby (based on where you said you were sitting - not that my one hour spent in Chase Field makes me an expert in any way).
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived