Brewer Fanatic

6/30/08 Brewers (Bush) at Diamondbacks (Davis): 8:40 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And of course the Cards won today and the Cubs are now up 3-0. This is why it absolutely kills you when you had a chance to gain more ground 3 times last week and couldn't capitalize. Just like that 3.5 GB in the WC again and 5.5 in the division.
There's a lot of baseball left. The Brewers played the Braves at home, where they are very good, and the Twins, also at home, and they've been very good everywhere lately. They lost some tough games against some good teams.

And of course the Cards won today and the Cubs are now up 3-0. This is why it absolutely kills you when you had a chance to gain more ground 3 times last week and couldn't capitalize. Just like that 3.5 GB in the WC again and 5.5 in the division.
There's a lot of baseball left. The Brewers played the Braves at home, where they are very good, and the Twins, also at home, and they've been very good everywhere lately. They lost some tough games against some good teams.

There isn't alot of time left if I want my goal of being within no more then 2 GB and leading the WC by the ASB.

I am kind of surprised at the call for Melvin to need to make a move. We are currently 3-3 on a 10 game road trip that mostly everyone said they would be happy if the Crew went 5-5. Every team looks a little flat once in a while.

In Bush's defense (and I won't defend the lack of backing up home), those first three hits were dinks and dunks. That isn't any consolation, but its worth noting. DARN Gabe almost cleared the bags... I'll take the one run. Let's hope Weeks can get on base.
Formerly Andersoc420

There isn't alot of time left if I want my goal of being within no more then 2 GB and leading the WC by the ASB.

This game, the one you're watching tonight, isn't over yet. We just got a run across without swinging the bat. I'm sorry that you're going to lose your bet, or bragging rights for your ASG standings prediction, or whatever, but don't call it over until it's over.

When is the last time the Brewers scored a run after the 5th inning? I believe the whole road trip has been early runs and then they decide not to score anymore.

We hardly even get hits after the 5th inning (this one included). Gosh, I'd love to see a Gagne/T-bow meltdown from the opposing side. Feels better when you earn it though.
Formerly Andersoc420

This game, the one you're watching tonight, isn't over yet. We just got a run across without swinging the bat. I'm sorry that you're going to lose your bet, or bragging rights for your ASG standings prediction, or whatever, but don't call it over until it's over.

Have you watched much Brewer baseball this year??? It's over. This team never comes back from deficits this late in games. This inning was there chance, and they blew it. Believe me, I hope I am wrong and they do comeback, but I have seen this same story many many many times this year, and it ends the same almost every time.

I want to see more Gabe Kapler. Outfield, 2B, C... I don't care. Find a place in the line-up for his professionalism.

And yes to echo a poster... Brian Roberts is the answer! Let's contribute to the Os of 2010. Man would that be an upgrade.

Rickie Weeks < clutch

Weeks has a two run single with two outs to win a game by one against the Cardinals. He had a walkoff single in extra innings vs Reds. He also won a game with a triple in the eighth. Can any other player say that?

Agreed. In order for the Brewers to have gained "more" ground last week, they would've had to have put together an 8 game winning streak, with 3 of those coming on the road. They were 8.5 back 2 weeks ago. I'd say they've made up some hefty ground.

Archived