Brewer Fanatic

Sox Fans and Cubs Fans Join Forces Against Thief

kdeval31

From an email I received from a friend in Chicago...

Saturday night US Cellular Upper deck behind home plate:

So it goes like this: A guy reaches in front of him to grab some money that a lady dropped out of her purse. Everyone know it's her money and he refuses to give it back. So then a couple big dudes get in this guy's face. Thome jersey wearer takes a huge crack at the thief and then cubs fans beat the crap out of him too. Security comes eventually to take him away. They hand cuff him and he starts spitting and trying to kick people as he goes down the steps so security takes his shirt and pulls it over his face. I heard there was 20 fights going on at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1oGqLZW7yg

From an email I received from a friend in Chicago...

Saturday night US Cellular Upper deck behind home plate:

So it goes like this: A guy reaches in front of him to grab some money that a lady dropped out of her purse. Everyone know it's her money and he refuses to give it back. So then a couple big dudes get in this guy's face. Thome jersey wearer takes a huge crack at the thief and then cubs fans beat the crap out of him too. Security comes eventually to take him away. They hand cuff him and he starts spitting and trying to kick people as he goes down the steps so security takes his shirt and pulls it over his face. I heard there was 20 fights going on at the same time.

First of all your thread title is incorrect based on your description. It should read Sox fans and Cubs fans join forces against thief.

I was at the Saturday game in the upper deck and there was only 1 disturbance that I observed and that was probably it. Personally I saw nothing but fans cheering for their own team, a little razzing the other guy, and of course a plethora of shirts, uh, shall I say disdaining the other team. And a LOT of congrats, good game, and (I know you guys will love this) GO Bears comments after the game.

The thread title looks misleading as it appears both cubs and sox fans were beating up on the drunken lout.

I've been to these games before and they're peaceful for the most part. I'm sure just as many fights went down at Wrigley last weekend...but since it's the cell, the media (and espn) is quick to mention that US Celluar is brawl city.

I don't really feel sorry for the guy but with all the beatings that have happened in the Milwaukee area anytime I see multiple people taking cracks like that at one person I get sick to my stomach.
Amen. And I think those of you with kids will appreciate this, but is it even safe to take children to a ball game any more? Just reaffirms why I sit in the family section.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I don't really feel sorry for the guy but with all the beatings that have happened in the Milwaukee area anytime I see multiple people taking cracks like that at one person I get sick to my stomach.

yeah really. It's hard to cheer on someone being beat down for picking up some money on the ground. Should he have given it back? yes, without a doubt. However, he was not hurting anyone, whereas he could have been badly injured by being beaten by a crowd of obnoxious drunks. If you think the punishment fits the crime, fine, but I don't believe in vigilante justice. Why weren't the guys who beat his ass also taken away by security? There's no way they were acting in self-defense.

At Miller Park we have a bunch of drunks at the game as well but they seem to be happy drunks that run on the field and go "Weeee!".

I'll take my 8yo or 15yo sister to a game and they have to hear names of male body parts constantly being shouted by the crowd. And a bunch of words that would never pass this cuss filter. Their response is that they have the "right" to say those things and I shouldn't have a kid there. I've also twice seen drunks intentionally pick fights at The Keg just this year. And the fights were only Brewer fans, not hazing another team. With success, you are seeing a lot more of these drunken louts at our games.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

With success, you are seeing a lot more of these drunken louts at our games.

This is the unfortunate part of having a popular team. It's too bad some of these idiots can't be more creative. I like to go to the game and be loud and boisterous myself, but I always make it a point to avoid cursing, as you can't walk one row without seeing a child. There's nothing wrong with being obnoxious and getting people to laugh at you while razzing the other team and their fans. It's when they can't handle their alcohol, temper and mouth that upsets me.

When I was a kid, hearing the various profane things that drunks would yell at players and each other was one of my favorite parts of going to sporting events. Packer games at County Stadium were especially good for that purpose.

I guess I'm surprised somewhat by people who bring really young children to baseball games (like, under seven or so). I'm sure really young kids can have fun at a game, but what are the chances they will remember it even a year later? Just my personal opinion. My dad waited 'til I was eight to take me to my first game (OK, technically I was at one earlier that year with some other people...can't say I remember it too much...too many other kids and stuff going on, I think, and I was just overwhelmed by the size of County Stadium), and I can still remember much of it to this day, twenty years later. I also think that by the time a kid is eight or nine, they are somewhat mature enough to understand when their parents tell them "We don't repeat all this stuff we hear from these other people, OK?" Or at least, I hope parents do that. I don't have kids myself.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I guess I'm surprised somewhat by people who bring really young children to baseball games (like, under seven or so).

It's always nice to get advice on parenting from people who are not parents. I don't see what's so surprising about bringing kids to games? Baseball games are advertised as family events and I can't see any reason why I, as a father, should be punished because some college student wants to act like a blubbering idiot at a game. I bring my (almost) three year old and/or my one year old to almost every game I go to. The alternative is I stay at home and watch on TV. Since when did we as a society have to start catering to foul-mouthed morons?

By the way both boys have a great time at the ballpark. They may not remember every detail of the game but for the three hours we are there, they are dazzled by fireworks, satiated with ballpark food, and thrilled by the play area in right field. Who cares if they don't remember the specifics of each game ten years down the road.

In three years and thirty games (the oldest's first game was when he was 6 months old), I have only once had a problem with an idiot woman at a game. Everyone pretty much told her to shut up after she went on a drunken tirade.

I don't think Invader3K was suggesting that the games should be geared to drunks

Anyway, if you don't like kids or drunks at the games you can have no problem finding sections where you likely won't find as many of neither

Archived