Brewer Fanatic

what is your favorite brand and kind of sunflower seed?

jason21nl
I'm poppin some Giants BBQ right now and decided to make a thread out of it. Baseball and sunflower seeds go hand in hand and I was wondering what brands people like to pop. I have two brands that I'll eat the whole bag right through. Giants BBQ and David ranch sunflower seeds. What you you guys?

I've been spitting seeds for a long time now (right now in fact). I used to be completely married to David, but I've since moved on. I've spent some time with Dakota Kid, Jack Daniels and even the Frito Lay brand. Right now, if I want something salty I grab the Giants regular. If I need something cheap with flavor I go for the Spitz Dill Pickle or Chilli Lime.

My prefered brand right now is Zotes (http://www.zotes.com/). I love their Spicy Nacho, Garlic Roast, Hot Wings and occasionally Jalapeno. If you haven't tried them yet, find 'em and try 'em. I hardly ever buy David's anymore, but I would still say that they are the industry standard.

Always David. Never a flavor, that's just wrong.

When I was playing ball, we'd go through a ridiculous amount of those each game.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Is there a store in MKE or Chicago where I can find Zotes. Those flavors look amaizing. Especially the ones with cafeen infused in them. Now I can finally eat seeds for breakfast.

Right now I am snacking on David's BBQ, my favorite.

Verified Member

Not MKE or Chicago, but for Green Bay people, Sportsmen's Warehouse off of 41 by Walmart in De Pere sold them as of a year ago.

You can also have them shipped to your door if you order directly from zotes.com. I like the dill pickle and salt & pepper. Beer baked and hot wings were ok. I have not tried the others.

Archived