Brewer Fanatic

Power 50 Discussion -- The July 1st Edition

And That

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will Jeffress jump over Escobar? Escobar has done nothing to deserve a drop, but Jeffress is combining results with his awesome potential. There ceilings are on 2 different planets. It will also be interesting to see where the signed draft picks land.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

You tease.

I have a hard time waiting those last 24 hours without checking the site over and over again. You could have saved me the time and just posted it a day early without saying anything.

Now I still have to sit and wait 24 hrs for it to get posted!

Brantley is younger than Green, plays a level higher, and plays a position further to the left on the defensive scale.

Their OPS's are all but identical, and Brantley has a higher OXS.

Poor Mike, he's simply far too low, and has been for ages.

Did any of the young Latin position players like Arias or Garcia get any votes?

Poor Mike, he's simply far too low, and has been for ages.

There are three players between Brantley and Green. I don't see how anyone in the top 10 can be "far too low." My personal opinion is that Green is a touch too high (I have Lucroy, Odorizzi, and yes, Brantley ahead of him), but that's pretty much picking nits. We all agree that all these guys are top prospects.

And just to be controversial, my top three prospects are Gamel, Escobar, and LaPorta. That's right, I said Escobar before LaPorta. LaPorta will have greater initial success, but I think Escobar will end up being the more valuable player.

Arias has been on the Power 50 in the past and should be back again soon if he produces at all. If Garcia keeps up his start, he'll be there soon too. It's just tough to put those raw, young kids on the list when we know so little about how they are progressing. Shawn Zarraga (although he's not in the same situation) has been close since the beginning of the season too, but it's the same thing with him... raw and little information.

Edit: Nieves, Pascual, Arias and Luis Guerrero all received votes this time.

The Brewers really have some serious depth. though Bramhall's omission was a bit of a surprise, it is leaving off Efrain Nieves that is my issue o' the month. That guy would have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder in a 2007 redraft.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
The Brewers really have some serious depth. though Bramhall's omission was a bit of a surprise, it is leaving off Efrain Nieves that is my issue o' the month. That guy would have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder in a 2007 redraft.

I was the staff's biggest proponent of Nieves' this go-round, it just wasn't enough to sneak him into P50 stratosphere. But I'm resorting to arm-twisting next time.

Archived