Brewer Fanatic

09/11/2006 - Brewers (Davis) @ Pirates (Duke) 6:05pm CDT

hawing

The hurried "I'm on a work break but I'll always have time for Sharpie mojo" version. Go visitors.

http://www.bigdandbubba.com/images/sharpie%20pen.jpg

And I hereby issue an all-purpose curse on those scurvy cur Pirates. Every last one of them. Curse ye!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewers lineup:

1. Clark CF

2. Graffanino 2B

3. Fielder 1B

4. Hall SS

5. Hart RF

6. Mench LF

7. Bell 3B

8. Miller C

9. Davis P

Pirates lineup:

1. Duffy CF

2. Wilson SS

3. Sanchez 3B

4. Bay LF

5. Nady 1B

6. Paulino C

7. Bautista RF

8. Castillo 2B

9. Duke P

Quote:
They're September call-ups. Nelson Cruz barely played at all last year, and he was a better player than either of these two, by a mile.

So you'd rather have Clark over Gwynn Jr.? Just give the young guys playing time and see what they can do we're not exactly in the playoff race.

1. Gwynn Jr. CF

2. Graffanino 2B

3. Fielder 1B

4. Hall SS

5. Hart RF

6. Mench LF

7. Rottino 3B

8. Miller/Rivera C

9. Pitcher

That's the lineup I want to see the rest of the year.

With how poorly Brady Clark has played this year compared to last year, and the fact that I don't think he'll be around next year, I would much rather see what we have in Gwynn JR for a month. It's not like we're in contention, or really even have a shot for .500. Just go with it and see what the guys can do rather than try to act like we still have a shot at imrpoving. We've had a bad year with a lot of horriable luck. May as well see what these prospects can do while we've got them up.

Quote:
With how poorly Brady Clark has played this year compared to last year, and the fact that I don't think he'll be around next year, I would much rather see what we have in Gwynn JR for a month. It's not like we're in contention, or really even have a shot for .500. Just go with it and see what the guys can do rather than try to act like we still have a shot at imrpoving. We've had a bad year with a lot of horriable luck. May as well see what these prospects can do while we've got them up.

I also think it would be nice to see Gwynn get some good experience against a lefty pitcher who he might be facing for many years to come. Duke is going to be a Pirate for many years and so Gwynn should get used to hitting against him.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/Sep11.jpg

Alright I officially dont understand Yost, he opts to play the regular old vet lineup against the Pirates when we are down so far and then decides to pinch hit with the youngsters in the 9th? Shouldn't it be the opposite? Shouldnt we play the young guys for the game and when it comes down to it pinch hit the vets. Lets see what they can do, not overload Drew Anderson in the 9th with his first big league AB. Argh.

Lets see what they can do, not overload Drew Anderson in the 9th with his first big league AB.

While I was pleased to see Ned at least contemplate thinking outside the box (so to speak), yeah, why choose that particular situation for a guy's MLB debut?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Ned did the same thing to Rottino when he came up. Ned likes to put the youngsters under a pressure situation to see if they are gritty battlers. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

With Torres' mid 90's fastball, we've seen that as one of Rivera's weeknesses so he's probably out (plus Ned loves the L-R and R-L matchups). And of course Ned doesn't want to burn 2 players by PH'ing Gross and if he gets on base running with Rottino or Anderson.

Anderson looked scared up there, though, but can't really blame him.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived