Brewer Fanatic

I'm now convinced that the Brewers should trade for Sabathia

soundsradio

I guarentee that you would get a top pitching prospect for Fielder. Fielder is a guy that can potentially give a team an OPS of over 1.000. Look at the return that Teixera got, Neftali Feliz, who has the potential to be one of the best pitchers in recent memory, Jarrod Saltalamachia probably the best catching prospect at the time, Shortstop Elvis Andrus, who compares well to Alcides Escobar, he is a great defensive player, who does not hit a ton. Along with one of the best pitching prospects in the game, an MLB ready Catching prospect, who could be special, and a pretty good shortstop prospect, the Rangers also got the braves top left handed pitcher in Harrison, and a raw lefty named Beau Jones, who has a ton of potential.

Fielder would get a top pitching prospect, and then some. I am not sure if Fielder would get quite as much as Teixera did, considering Teixera is a very great first baseman. Fielder however would for sure get a top tier pitching prospect, and a couple other nice players, that is certain.

I am all for getting CC but not at the price of Gamel or LaPorta. I might be willing to deal one of them if CC would sign long term before the trade goes down but thst is highly unlikely. You just don't trade prospects of that caliber for a 2 month rental. Yeah you would get draft picks in return but their futures would be more risky than Gamel are LaPorta's futures are.

I am all for getting CC but not at the price of Gamel or LaPorta. I might be willing to deal one of them if CC would sign long term before the trade goes down but thst is highly unlikely. You just don't trade prospects of that caliber for a 2 month rental. Yeah you would get draft picks in return but their futures would be more risky than Gamel are LaPorta's futures are.

The Braves have a tendency to pump their prospects more than anybody and then deal them away when they don't pan out. Granted, Salty is a good prospect and I think will be a good catcher, but he couldn't beat out Gerald Laird for starting job. harrison had a shoulder strain last year and his velocity is down to the mid-upper 80's. Andrus may be okay and Perez projects as a reliever, not a starter. Don't forget the Rangers also had to package a good lefty reliever in Mahay as well. Kind of sounds like the Capellan deal doesn't it? They pumped up Capellan as the next great thing and look what we got!

Not only that, but the Braves did what I am advocating the Brewers do. They had a surplus of pitching prospects and they dealt the extra for what they needed. What other teams have pitching prospects to deal? Are they so bereft of 1B options taht they would deal the most valuable chips they have, pitching, for Fielder?

The Braves have a tendency to pump their prospects more than anybody and then deal them away when they don't pan out. Granted, Salty is a good prospect and I think will be a good catcher, but he couldn't beat out Gerald Laird for starting job. harrison had a shoulder strain last year and his velocity is down to the mid-upper 80's. Andrus may be okay and Perez projects as a reliever, not a starter. Don't forget the Rangers also had to package a good lefty reliever in Mahay as well. Kind of sounds like the Capellan deal doesn't it? They pumped up Capellan as the next great thing and look what we got!

Not only that, but the Braves did what I am advocating the Brewers do. They had a surplus of pitching prospects and they dealt the extra for what they needed. What other teams have pitching prospects to deal? Are they so bereft of 1B options taht they would deal the most valuable chips they have, pitching, for Fielder?

Gamel and LaPorta could turn out to both be ALL-STARS from the get-go, but no matter how good they are, if you don't have pitching, you will not win. Period.

Gamel and LaPorta could turn out to both be ALL-STARS from the get-go, but no matter how good they are, if you don't have pitching, you will not win. Period.

The Brewers rotation does not look too pretty for 2009. However, Parra looks to have legitimate #2 potential.

In 2010 and 2011 though, we are looking at Gallardo, Parra and Jeffress. Along with the second wave of prospects in Escobar, Gamel, LaPorta and Salome.

I am willing to take our chances this year to protect the rest of our future. I just don't know that C.C. and his potential 2 game increase is worth the price. (I don't want to just barely make the playoffs - I want to win the playoffs)

The Brewers rotation does not look too pretty for 2009. However, Parra looks to have legitimate #2 potential.

In 2010 and 2011 though, we are looking at Gallardo, Parra and Jeffress. Along with the second wave of prospects in Escobar, Gamel, LaPorta and Salome.

I am willing to take our chances this year to protect the rest of our future. I just don't know that C.C. and his potential 2 game increase is worth the price. (I don't want to just barely make the playoffs - I want to win the playoffs)

Last year, the Brewers finished two games behind the Cubs/ a playoff spot. Two games can make a difference.

You got it right. And with a front end of sheets and sabathia, with this offense. Once they get to the playoffs, all bets are off. There are no guarantees with gamel and laporta. You see guys light up minor league pitching and get to the majors and flop all the time.

You do it. The sooner the better. Gamel or laporta and something else. Get him now. Raise the bar for this pathetic organization. Worry about the future later. The cubs and cards are ripe for the picking.

Last year, the Brewers finished two games behind the Cubs/ a playoff spot. Two games can make a difference.

You got it right. And with a front end of sheets and sabathia, with this offense. Once they get to the playoffs, all bets are off. There are no guarantees with gamel and laporta. You see guys light up minor league pitching and get to the majors and flop all the time.

You do it. The sooner the better. Gamel or laporta and something else. Get him now. Raise the bar for this pathetic organization. Worry about the future later. The cubs and cards are ripe for the picking.

I just think Gamel/LaPorta/Jeffress or whoever else would need to be traded is worth more than two games that only might matter

_________

Yeah, and they might all get hurt and not ever reach the majors, as long as we're dealing with "mights." There might be better hitters that haven't reached their potential yet as well.

I just think Gamel/LaPorta/Jeffress or whoever else would need to be traded is worth more than two games that only might matter

_________

Yeah, and they might all get hurt and not ever reach the majors, as long as we're dealing with "mights." There might be better hitters that haven't reached their potential yet as well.

Archived