Brewer Fanatic

Minnesota Twins: Luckiest team in baseball.

Um the Twins are 53-42.......... they are a game ahead actually...............

I love the Brewers, but i will bet my house that the Twins finish with a better record.

Twins 90-72 Central Division Champs

Brewers 87-75 Wild Card

EDIT: The Brewers have much more talent, but the Twins fundamentals are a thousand times better and they have a MUCH better manager and bullpen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um the Twins are 53-42.......... they are a game ahead actually...............

I love the Brewers, but i will bet my house that the Twins finish with a better record.

My mistake on that one. My prediction still stands. There's no way the Twins end up with 90 wins. They are playing with House money right now and the House always wins.

I'm going with talent here. Not Grittiness.

Joe Mauer was credited during his HR Derby interview w/Erin Andrews as "President, MLB Players Association"

I can't find anything in a quick search... is this something where he's one of several Presidents, or is the president of the entire MLBPA really 25 years old?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Wherever one falls on the 'status' of Prez of MLBPA, to take that on at age 25... impressive. I remember reading about Mauer as a blue-chip QB recruit & thinking, 'Why would he choose baseball?' (had a full ride offer to FSU, among others)

Well, now I know it was silly for me to think Mauer would choose anything aside from baseball.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I won't bet the house but I will bet $50, to be donated to Brewerfan.net. We'll both send Brian the money and he simply returns the winner his $50 at the end of the season. Sounds fair?

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, but much like the Wild Card Speculation thread, it doesn't need to be bumped with information easily attainable elsewhere. That this thread hasn't had a post in more than nine days tells me that barring some new discussion/analysis, the thread may have run its course. Please do not re-bump with Twins results.

Twins never play well in NY. And, if anyone has been paying attention, the Yanks are still pretty good. Don't understand the anti-Twins sentiment here. Sure, they beat the Crew when teh Brewers we're playing especially well. But if the Brewers hadn't struck gold in the draft, the Twins are exactly the kind of team I'd want the Brewers to be.

The Brewers havn't exactly been hurting in the good luck department themselves. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
It's about time. We are due for some luck after 26 years.

You mean, 3 game winning 9th-10th inning homers are lucky in a 4 game series? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif
Yeah it was almost like we were the Twins or something.

Archived