Brewer Fanatic

Calling all parents (Nuk question)

Hammer
Wow, you don't know how timely this thread is. We are undergoing the 'de-Nuk'ing' right now. We are slowly widdling it down to just nighttime and it's working. He doesn't even sleep with it - it's just to go to bed. I think we'll tear off the metaphorical bandaid sometime this week and just withstand a few tantrums.

As a side note -- My wife used to daycare, and juice bottles for your kids is bad, bad news.

Of course a juice with a meal is good, but letting a kid suck on a juice bottle all day, will rot teeth worse than soda.

My wife made our kids drink only water when they were thirsty (again aside from meals), and I can tell the difference. Plus my kids are used to drinking water, so we don't have soda in our house except for occasions.

It's offensive to me that so many 3 & 4 year-olds used to wander my store with them in mouth.

Whew! Glad I'm not the only one.

I wasn't in full agreement with taking it away from my daughter before she was one year old.

But I have to give credit to her mother, she had to suffer thru those first few difficult nights, but after that, all was good.

i don't know why i read it or remember it since i'm not a parent, but i've heard a good way to ween the kid off of one is similar to what was said on the first page, to snip the end. but to to it gradually--start with a very small hole and then slowly increase the size of it, little by little reducing its effectiveness.

I find it gross when kids that are old enough to walk use those things. My nephews were weaned from them by the time they were about three months old. Parents have the advantage of skipping over the explanations that way.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

For those that are going through this process (or will be soon):
The screams are not as bad the second night as they are the first. Knowing that there is a 12 pack of MGD in the fridge waiting for me helps as well http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Archived