Brewer Fanatic

FSN-HD

madtownbrew
Anybody else with DirecTV not getting the HD broacasts anymore? Saturday and Sunday's Brewer-Twins games were both supposed to be on HD, but the HD channel is telling me that the channel hasn't been purchased. I live in Madison and never had this message before this weekend. Anyone with any idea as to what happened with the HD broadcasts. Do you now have to pay extra for these? I guess I didn't hear anything about this if that is the case.

I wish the FSN-HD channel on Time Warner would actually list the games in the program guide. You can't set the game up to record on the DVR then as everything is just listed in 4 hour blocks. If you want to record the HD channel you need to schedule it to record 8 hours of HD, with 4 hours of it being no-signal broadcast.

Of course, before Time Warner changed the box software a few months ago, you could create a manual recording, so I could just tell it what time to start recording, but you can't do that with the new software. So annoying.

Is that problem present on DirecTv?

Most of the games are scheduled on DirecTV for a 3 hour block so setting the DVR hasn't been a problem just hit record on the listing in the guide, although I usually have to add a little padding to the end of the game to make sure I get it all. (unless Sheets is pitching) By adding the extra 30min to an hour I usually get most of the post game as well.

Yeah I always pad the 3 hour window. Once in awhile they schedule a 6 hour window for some reason. I like that I can set it to record from their website. Sometimes I forget to set the DVR for a day game and I can just do it at work on the directv website.

Archived