Brewer Fanatic

6/29/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Twins (Slowey): 1:10 PM CDT

wibadgers23
I agree with most of that. I definitely dont think we were supposed to win this series, but on paper we supposed to win when sheets in going against slowey.
Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!!! I stand by what I say, the Brewers SHOULD win series against teams like the Twins, who they are more talented than, even if most of you don't see that. Ask any baseball expert and ask them who's roster they would rather have.
Don't let his name fool you. Kevin Slowey is not the scrub that some of you seem to think he is.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ball game....thanks Brewers. Two series against the Twins and two series losses. Well played. When you lose two series to teams like the Twins, you don't deserve to be a division Champ. You beat the teams you are supposed to beat.

How are the Twins a team that the Brewers were "supposed" to beat? They're a 1.5 games out of first place in their division and came into the series with a 9 game winning streak. All things considered, I'd say the Brewers and Twins are two teams that are very similar -- hardly a team that the Brewers should just assume victory against.

It's been a disappointing series for sure, but the Brewers are still in pretty good shape as far as this road trip goes. 3-3 heading into Arizona's a bit better than a lot of us were expecting for this trip.

Maybe so that the Brewers trip has been 3-3 so far, and under most circumstances that's pretty good, but I don't look at it like that. I look at it from the perspective that 2 of those losses they failed to capitalize on Cubs losses, and possibly a 3rd, pending tonight's outcome. To me it's when you lose them. That's the frustrating part to me. Hard to catch the Cubs if you don't take advantage of your opportunities when they are presented. Is there a worse team in baseball at failing to capitalize in those types of situations then the Brewers??

The Cardinals have been failing to capitalize on Cubs losses for the past month or so -- they haven't been able to get closer than 3 games back for awhile now. The Diamondbacks have been trying to give away the NL West for the better part of a month, and the Dodgers still can't get over .500 to take over the division lead. I agree that it's frustrating, but there's stretches like this for every team. The Brewers sure were capitalizing on their last homestand by sweeping Toronto when the Cubs were being swept by the Rays. Even if the Brewers go 5-5 on the road trip, they get 10 games at home before the All-Star break against some pretty bad teams. If memory serves me correctly, the Cubs have 7 more road games after tonight, so the Brewers will have at least one series at home while the Cubs are still on the road. There'll be plenty of chances to trim that lead down, and really, I'm more concerned with catching the Cards for the 2nd best record in the NL right now. Any ground they gain on the Cubs is gravy.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Ball game....thanks Brewers. Two series against the Twins and two series losses. Well played. When you lose two series to teams like the Twins, you don't deserve to be a division Champ. You beat the teams you are supposed to beat.

How are the Twins a team that the Brewers were "supposed" to beat? They're a 1.5 games out of first place in their division and came into the series with a 9 game winning streak. All things considered, I'd say the Brewers and Twins are two teams that are very similar -- hardly a team that the Brewers should just assume victory against.

It's been a disappointing series for sure, but the Brewers are still in pretty good shape as far as this road trip goes. 3-3 heading into Arizona's a bit better than a lot of us were expecting for this trip.

Maybe so that the Brewers trip has been 3-3 so far, and under most circumstances that's pretty good, but I don't look at it like that. I look at it from the perspective that 2 of those losses they failed to capitalize on Cubs losses, and possibly a 3rd, pending tonight's outcome. To me it's when you lose them. That's the frustrating part to me. Hard to catch the Cubs if you don't take advantage of your opportunities when they are presented. Is there a worse team in baseball at failing to capitalize in those types of situations then the Brewers??

The Cardinals have been failing to capitalize on Cubs losses for the past month or so -- they haven't been able to get closer than 3 games back for awhile now. The Diamondbacks have been trying to give away the NL West for the better part of a month, and the Dodgers still can't get over .500 to take over the division lead. I agree that it's frustrating, but there's stretches like this for every team. The Brewers sure were capitalizing on their last homestand by sweeping Toronto when the Cubs were being swept by the Rays. Even if the Brewers go 5-5 on the road trip, they get 10 games at home before the All-Star break against some pretty bad teams. If memory serves me correctly, the Cubs have 7 more road games after tonight, so the Brewers will have at least one series at home while the Cubs are still on the road. There'll be plenty of chances to trim that lead down, and really, I'm more concerned with catching the Cards for the 2nd best record in the NL right now. Any ground they gain on the Cubs is gravy.

I know there is plenty of time and they have a "easy" homestand coming up, but in my "perfect" world, I wanted the Brewers to have caught and passed the Cubs by the ASB. Unrealistic?? Probably, but certainly mathematically possible, and still is, but it doesn't help when you don't cash in your opportunities.

I really hate losing day games. I'm grumpy the rest of the day. Go White Sox and Royals, I guess.

With the shutout today, the Brewers' run differential drops back below 0. They're at -2 now, the Twins are at +9. I'm really hoping for a repeat of that Arizona series at the beginning of the month...that was fun.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'm really hoping for a repeat of that Arizona series at the beginning of the month...that was fun.
Well, when the Brewers faced Doug Davis in AZ last year, they lit up Sharpie like a Christmas tree. And Rillo is no longer available for Counsell strikeout duty. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived