Brewer Fanatic

angels no hit the dodgers....but lose

jason21nl

It's happened a few times

Anyway, Sciosia made the right decision given the Angels' offense, I believe, but poor Weaver looked like a little leaguer about to sputter raging hot tears as he headed to the clubhouse

I love the NL game

There have been a bunch of no-no's that resulted in a loss --I know Matt Young, had one where he walked like 6 dudes. They changed the definition of a no-hitter a couple of years ago to disqualify pitchers that lost, or pitchers that had 9 innings of no-no and then had it broken up in extras.

I think Matt Young had the ugliest no-hit effort of all time.

From the game article on Yahoo:

Baseball's other no-hit losers were Andy Hawkins of the Yankees in 1990, Steve Barber and Stu Miller of Baltimore in 1967, and Ken Johnson of Houston in 1964.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Regarding Matt Young's effort, from wikipedia:

On April 12, 1992, Young faced the Cleveland Indians in the first game of a doubleheader, allowing two runs, seven walks, and an error by shortstop Luis Rivera[2] en route to the fourth no-hitter by a losing pitcher.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived