Brewer Fanatic

MLB attendance figures Minn/Milwaukee

logan82
And yet, they lost the North Stars and had to get a new team.

Norm Green was facing backruptcy so he negotiated a backroom deal with Dallas that would save him financially. Plus Green had that pesky sexual harrassment lawsuit in The Cities he wanted to steer clear of as well.

Milwaukee lost the Braves, does that mean Milwaukee fans don't care about baseball?
They do not care as much about baseball as they do about Football...which is somewhat amazing, given that no NFL team plays in the area. I seem to recall having read that the North Stars had poor attendance.

You could easily say that Football is all that Wisconsinites really care about, yet the Brewers still have great attendance as long as they field a competitive team.
You could say that 5 or 6 years ago, but i think with the way the brewers are selling, it's pretty hard to make that case(not to mention the attendence at Marquette and UW basketball games, and Hockey games at UW).

(edit: nested quote --1992)

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

You could easily say that Football is all that Wisconsinites really care about,

I don't know if that's all they care about.

Just listening to some of them, I would say that's all they have an understanding for. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

My experience is limited to a couple of games in the dome per year, but it never seems like the Twins are a big draw, even when they are at the top of their division. St. Paul Saints games, on the other hand, were almost always sold out. The experience of the Saints game was always unique. One of my favorite games was during Gilligan's Island night in 2002.

In the ~20 UW hockey games played at the Kohl Center, the total attendance is higher than 7 NHL clubs over the course of the 41 games played in their respective rinks.

You know why? Because if you say Wisconsin, you've said it all. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

My experience is limited to a couple of games in the dome per year, but it never seems like the Twins are a big draw, even when they are at the top of their division. St. Paul Saints games, on the other hand, were almost always sold out. The experience of the Saints game was always unique. One of my favorite games was during Gilligan's Island night in 2002.

There is a link in the lead post if you want to check out the attendance since 2001 for all MLB teams.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Verified Member

Well, hopefully MLB's schedule makers are smart and keep the Twins on the road for the majority of the early and late part of the season...but it's not like they can be on the road for three to four weeks straight, either.

That will never happen because teams in warmer climates still don't want more home dates in April, May, and September. The kids are all in school.

jhart05 wrote:
You could easily say that Football is all that Wisconsinites really care about,

I don't know if that's all they care about.

Just listening to some of them, I would say that's all they have an understanding for. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

You got it. They understand football because they really care about it. The fact is that most people care far more about football than baseball in this state. Just as in Minnesota most care more about hockey than other sports (and perhaps more about college hockey than the NHL). Saying it is all they care about is, of course, an exaggeration in both cases.

Rydogg.....Average High/Low temperature for Minneapolis in April is 57/36 and September is 71/51 while Milwaukee's average high/low for April is 54/38 and September is 73/55. So believing that it would be cooler in the Twins new open air stadium than it was at County stadium is inaccurate.

Rydogg.....Average High/Low temperature for Minneapolis in April is 57/36 and September is 71/51 while Milwaukee's average high/low for April is 54/38 and September is 73/55. So believing that it would be cooler in the Twins new open air stadium than it was at County stadium is inaccurate.
Yes, but neither city is suited for baseball in April in the open air.

"Minnesota Nice" is a myth. Twins fans are rude and unfriendly. Try to get out of your seat and everybody in their chubby Minnesota bodies are furious if they have to slide their legs out of the way or even, God forbid, stand up. Earlier in June I went to a Twins-Orioles game in the afternoon. The Orioles were ahead 3-2 in the 7th, a tight, well played game by both teams, both having surprising seasons.

In the bottom of the 7th the Twins had a runner on 2nd and failed to bring him home. Soon as the inning was over half the fans got up and left. It was 2:45 in the afternoon. Where did these people have to go? In both the 8th and 9th the Twins had runners in scoring position. It was a tight, winnable game for them. But the fans couldn't be bothered to stick around and cheer for their team. I mean why even bother to go to the game if you are leaving 2/3rds of the way through? All the fans seem to really care about is seeing their smiling faces appear on the video screen between innings.

Archived