Brewer Fanatic

MLB attendance figures Minn/Milwaukee

logan82

I was reading the game summary from tonight on ESPN.com and they mentioned that the attendance tonight was the Twins' largest crowd since opening day. I personally think that is pathetic considering that the Twins put out a quality team year after year. In fact looking at things by percentage, the Twins have finished no higher than 21 in any year since 2001.

Also of note is the Brewers, going by percentage, are the 4th biggest road draw in MLB.

Edit: Of course a few games at Pittsburgh may change that.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

One of the Twins announcers made some comment in the 9th tonight about how "There aren't as many Brewers fans here as there were Twins fans in Milwaukee, of course," and I'm thinking, Sell out your park in your much larger market with more sustained winning before making digs, joker.

Trust me, Minnesota sports fans do not flock to the ballpark - for any of their teams.

When I lived over there in the 90s, I got to watch the Packers almost every week, because the Vikings were never sold out. I took a bunch of kids to the Twins' "Bat Night" one year, they gave all four of the kids I was with extra bats on the way out, each of them took four bats home because there were so many left over.

When the Badgers play there, the dome is filled with red, when the Packers play there, you see tons of green and gold - nobody from the Twins organization has any right to slam someone else's fan support, or to claim that Twins fans travel well.

One of the Twins announcers made some comment in the 9th tonight about how "There aren't as many Brewers fans here as there were Twins fans in Milwaukee, of course,"

Miller Park is an attraction. The MetroDome is not.

Plain and simple.

The Vikings needed an extension from the NFL to avoid blackouts several times last season (6 of their home games, except the ones vs. the Packers and Bears--hmm I wonder why?). Often, the local television stations purchase the remaining tickets and distribute them to charities. They haven't been blacked out since 1997, but I have a hunch it'll happen during the 08 season. In a metropolitan area pushing 3.2 million, that's pathetic.

I've always believed the Brewers should be proud of their attendance figures. 38000 on a Saturday in Milwaukee would be a disappointment. I'll laugh at anybody from Minnesota who slams a Wisconsin franchise/team for their fan support.

The Wild however do sell out during quite a few times during the season. Minnesota is known for their hockey.

Let's be fair, Hockey is really the only thing Minnesotans care about. They don't care about baseball, or football, or basketball. Just hockey.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

The Wild have sold out every game in their history.

The Wild have had a competitive team for the past two years, which is a great record for any expansion team. I find that the Xcel Energy Center is easy to get to and it's in a great part of St. Paul where parking is easy to find and there's enough to do before and after the game. Target Center's area is at least comparable with activities but Minneapolis is a maze of one-way streets and the Wolves...well, they're awful. The Metrodome--enough said, except I find it hilarious that the area near it has finally been revitalized, largely due to the Guthrie Theater moving to the riverfront following other arts-related development, and now the Twins are moving.

Once they get the new stadium finished, wait til the feeling of a new ballpark wears off. They should have a nice dip in attendance considering IT'S OUTDOORS!! The new ballpark will be an attraction, but here in Milwaukee I'm sure we all remember how "nice" it was to have an non-dome stadium in April and May. They'll probably draw worse than they do now at the Metrodome in those months.

Well, the Metrodome is definitely not an enjoyable place to watch a game. It feels like a weird high school gym on the inside, and the sight lines suck (at least for baseball). Their ticket prices are pretty much in line with what the Brewers charge at Miller Park, last I checked, but the difference is the quality of the presentation is nowhere near as nice.

I think that years of "Well, we're a good team, but we keep missing a good run in the post-season", as well as pretty much always trading their best players, have probably worn on Twins fans somewhat, too.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The Twins have drawn 1.7-2.3 million since 2001, which has been 8-10th in attendance in the AL. They seem to be right on target to meet that this year.

I've been to one game at the dome. It wasn't really fun, and made me appreciate MP all the more. We even had a mouse run behind our seats! I don't know that a new stadium is going to increase attendance, but it will increase the revenue the Twins get, and that is presumably what they care about the most.

Im sure attendance will spike once they have to endure Minneapolis spring/fall at that place. You thought County Stadium was chilly in April/May/September? Come on, this is fan base that hasnt even sat outdoors for a football game in over 30 years.

I predict once the roof comes off that attendance looks like this.

2.75 million

2.5o million

1.8 million

1.5 million

I have a friend up in Rochester who is a Twins fan. He said he isn't looking forward to the new stadium as he went to opening day this year in the snow.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

To be honest with you, I would welcome going to a slightly snowy day of baseball. It's a rare occurrence and it is easily one of the best "homefield advantages" I could imagine. And imagining Coco Liriano pitch an Opening Day gem, in a blinding white squall of a storm, having hitters bail as he paints the inside black of the plate with a sick slider...makes me giddy for Upper Midwest April baseball. If only we BEGAN the season with a "natural rival" and got to do a 3 and 3 at Miller, then their new monstrocity...

I almost find it offensive that the Twins announcers said that. Minneapolis is one of the least favorite cities that I've been to and I consider myself pretty well traveled. It is so spread out with so bad of traffic and so much construction. This is just my opinion, but I am not impressed with the city. My brother goes to St. Olaf University and has a differing opinion, so it must be just me.

I love the Twin Cities, and I love Minnesota, but the comments were pretty ill-informed

That is probably true. I don't have much to go on when I say that. I've only been to the city about 10 times and have never lived there for a long period of time. But I can think of a lot of places I'd rather be in this world than Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Let's be fair, Hockey is really the only thing Minnesotans care about. They

And yet, they lost the North Stars and had to get a new team.

You could easily say that Football is all that Wisconsinites really care about, yet the Brewers still have great attendance as long as they field a competitive team.

Milwaukee lost the Braves, does that mean Milwaukee fans don't care about baseball? Or that an owner just wanted more money and moved the team? IIRC, that was the same situation with the North Stars.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived