Brewer Fanatic

6/27/08 Brewers (McClung) at Twins (Blackburn): 7:10 PM CDT

crewcrazy
I really wish Prince was better with RISP. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Go get them tomorrow, I guess. It just really sucks that they couldn't capitalize on the Cubs and Cards losing tonight. McClung picked a really crappy night to start pitching like Seth McClung...another quality start would've won this game.

That or a manager not more interested in getting his starter a win instead of winning the game

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DIS . . A . . POINTING! *CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*

My wife was thrilled we took a 6-3 lead and I told her there was no way 6 runs was going to win this game. Pitching staff was all over the place today. Almost like the mound was too high or something and the pitchers weren't able to adjust.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Going into the series, I said give me one of the first two and I'll like to take my chances at getting the series with Sheeter on the mound Sunday. So come on Manny.

Still this was a tough one to watch. Lots of let downs. Shouse didn't do his job against the lefty. Mota missed his spot on a 1-2 pitch by about 15 inches. Again, the Crew jumped all over a hot starter but let the oppo's bullpen shut them down. McClung's curveball and those infamous first pitch strikes were non existant tonight and that hurt.

How the hell hasn't anyone posted anything about the 9th inning HORRIBLE managing? You have your best base runner in Rickie Weeks on 1st with one out. You don't steal? You're down by a run and YOU DON'T STEAL???????????????????????/

Seriously!!!!!!! Where are you guys on this one? Then OOOOOOO Braun does his job and gets a base hit. I wonder if Weeks would have scored....ummmmmm YEAH HE WOULD HAVE!!!!!!!!

I'm Furious!

JUST PATHETIC!!!!!!! We should have at least tied that game. Fielder sucks in the clutch!

How the hell hasn't anyone posted anything about the 9th inning HORRIBLE managing? You have your best base runner in Rickie Weeks on 1st with one out. You don't steal? You're down by a run and YOU DON'T STEAL???????????????????????/
I would've liked to see Weeks steal when Hardy was up there due to his propensity to GIDP. It looked like Weeks wanted to run but never got a good feel for it. Hardy didnt do him any favors either, he didn't get a ball and struck out on either 3 or 4 pitches. Running with two outs would be pretty stupid, you don't want to end the game on the bases.

JUST PATHETIC!!!!!!! We should have at least tied that game. Fielder sucks in the clutch!

Yeah, he's been in a slump. He also was facing one of the best relievers over the past several seasons. I'm honestly shocked the Brewers have 3 hits this year off Nathan, he's usually lights out.

The Twins announcers talked about it. They know Yost, even though they only see him six games a year, and they knew he wouldn't send Rickie when that meant an IBB was coming for sure.

One of Yost's huge weaknesses is that he doesn't ever force the hand of the opposing manager. Make Gardenhire call for an IBB that puts the go-ahead run on base with less than two out. I mean, there's the downside that Weeks might get thrown out. But Nathan is a tad slow to the plate, and Mauer hasn't been lights-out throwing runners out this year. I'll take my chances. Yost won't.

That and the positively idiotic decision to put Mota out there in the eighth, oh and the decision to let McClung try to get the win, oh and the failure to get Shouse in there against the bigger left-handed power threat in the seventh cost us this game. Ack.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Exactly, why would Ned be afraid of Gardenhire IBB'ing Hardy? It sets up a potential double play ball but the team was already in that situation with Weeks on first. Hardy is probably much more likely to GIDP than Braun anyway. I would have loved the SB there and Gardenhire IBB Hardy(if he actually would have) with Braun and Fielder coming up.

Exactly, why would Ned be afraid of Gardenhire IBB'ing Hardy? It sets up a potential double play ball but the team was already in that situation with Weeks on first. Hardy is probably much more likely to GIDP than Braun anyway. I would have loved the SB there and Gardenhire IBB Hardy(if he actually would have) with Braun and Fielder coming up.

At 0-1 or 0-2, there's little chance they IBB Hardy. But they do pitch him different, and maybe Hardy doesn't strike out. Maybe he hits one to the right side that gets the runner over.

Then, Gardy has to make a decision. Pitch to Braun, or pitch to Fielder. There's little chance IMHO he IBBs Braun, but maybe Nathan is enough out of his rhythm that Braun can work a base hit (like he did the way it really did play out). Getting Weeks to second or third with two out means that he scores on a base hit, because the outfield is playing deep to cut off the extra-base hits.

But, again, why would we force the other team's hand like that?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Knowing Ned, he was probably thinking "Hardy hit a HR earlier in the game! You can't take the bat out of his hands!" even though the numbers would say it's better to have two guys on with one out and Braun coming up. What's the best thing that would likely happen in Hardy's AB? Another base hit? Chances are that would mean runners on first and second for Braun, anyway. Normally I'm against risking outs on the bases, but normally you're going to be lucky to get one run against Joe Nathan -- I don't think you can afford to sit around and wait for Hardy to hit another home run. By the time Braun came up, there was already two outs, so you couldn't even send Weeks early to try to get him over to third on the base hit.

Of course, this is also probably a good example of why J.J. Hardy shouldn't be hitting second, but that's a different subject. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived