Brewer Fanatic

6/27/08 Brewers (McClung) at Twins (Blackburn): 7:10 PM CDT

crewcrazy
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many times have we said that about Rickie? "...looks lost up there." I can't wait until Weeks is wearing the uniform of another team. I've been pulling for him to become a consistently good hitter but it looks like it won't ever happen. I think it's time for Milwaukee to go in a different direction at second base. It probably won't happen until the off-season, though.

This might not be a popular opinion, but I think Rickie just isn't smart enough to be a consistently good hitter. Natural talent and athletic ability only go so far. Eventually you have to adjust and see the patterns. He just doesn't seem to be able to make good, consistent educated guesses on pitches.

Yes, thhe Twins WS winning years had more boomers. But they still had guys getting a lot of infield hits and playing small ball. Even more so in their recent playoff teams.

And these Twins can score without hitting homers. That's why they have as many runs as the Brewers tonight, who can't seem to score any other way. And the Twins have outscored the Brewers on the year. (Granted, they have the DH to play with)

So Jason Kubel hits .219 with an OPS of barely .600 against lefties.

Um, why did Villanueva pitch to him? I'm curious, because Shouse was a no-brainer call there. He can pitch to two lefties and pitch around Young.

Oh, well. It's well-established that the manager doesn't read stats unless it's convenient for him. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

So Jason Kubel hits .219 with an OPS of barely .600 against lefties.

Um, why did Villanueva pitch to him? I'm curious, because Shouse was a no-brainer call there. He can pitch to two lefties and pitch around Young.

Oh, well. It's well-established that the manager doesn't read stats unless it's convenient for him. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Gardenhire is smart enough to break the lefties in the lineup up to prevent the use of LOOGY's without facing a right handed hitter. Ned decided for a while it was a good idea to hit Branyan right behind Fielder.

Archived