Brewer Fanatic

6/27/08 Brewers (McClung) at Twins (Blackburn): 7:10 PM CDT

crewcrazy

No thread from Woogie yet, so here goes:

Milwaukee Brewers (43-35, 3rd NLC) @ Minnesota Twins (43-36, 2nd ALC)

http://images.sportsline.com/images/baseball/mlb/players/60x80/390779.jpg

Big Red - RHP

5-3

3.79 ERA

44 K

25 BB

83 pitches per start

54.2 IP

http://images.sportsline.com/images/baseball/mlb/players/60x80/1262918.jpg

Nick Blackburn - RHP

6-4

49 K

15 BB

87 pitches per start

93.0 IP

Brewers Lineup

2B Rickie Weeks

SS JJ Hardy

LF Ryan Braun

DH Prince Fielder

RF Corey Hart

3B Russell Branyan

1B Joe Dillon

CF Mike Cameron

C Jason Kendall

The Twins have won 9 in a row since taking a series in Milwaukee earlier this month...they're now 12-3 in Interleague Play. With a win tonight, the Twins will move into first place.

Edit: Since the White Sox won against the Cubs, the best the Twins can do is stay a half game back. Here's to hoping the Crew can pick up another game on the Cubs. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm semi prepared for a disappointing start for McClung. Figure the odds can't keep up for ever right?

Today would be a good day to get your first HR Dilly, you are the only position player with out one.

Did FSN seriously just play an Irish folk song in the background while Brian and Bill were talking about Seth McClung? That's awesome. McClung has to be the world's largest leprechaun.

Edit: That Trenni/Cirillo interview outside of the Dome was painfully out of focus. I wonder which TV Production 101 class they pulled that camera guy out of...ugh.

Twitter

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but where do you guys stand on the Twins?

The TV guys always try to build up this rivalry, but it's always struck me as being more friendly than any other my teams are active participants in. I think this is especially true since we went to the National League.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Well I was totally expecting Braun to strike out there, letting Blackburn K the side in the first inning...I'll definitely take a 2 out double in front of Prince. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Twitter

Never had a good feeling about this one from the start. The Twins are just too hot right now. Alexi Casilla going yard just bears that out. Plus, the Brwers never seem to play well, when they already know the outcome of the Cubs game.

1-0, it's over? You are sooooooooo positive.

Nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

Sorry. I meant that I had conceded this game yesterday when discussing the series. I figured the Twins would win Friday, we'd win Sunday, and Saturday was a tossup that depended a lot on how the inconsistent Hernandez threw for Minnesota.

It's not like I sit down to watch and keep saying to myself "We're gonna lose". It's not like that.

But, yeah, I do think we'll fall tonight, especially if McClung continues to struggle throwing strikes.

Branyan is the only lefty to homer against Blackburn this year.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived