Brewer Fanatic

09/15/06 - Brewers (Ohka) @ Nationals (Ortiz) 6:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. September, Geoff Jenkins, is doing it again.

Just building up the trade value....good job, Geoff!

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
...or hopefully (to me, anyhow) cementing his status as the starting RF against RHP for the Brewers until next July 31.

I can see the reasoning behind that, but do you really want to pay a guy $8mil to platoon?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I can see the reasoning behind that, but do you really want to pay a guy $8mil to platoon?

Sure, I don't think it'd be that crazy. Considering he'll be almost 33 on opening day, he's going to need more off days. If he went out and had a .900 OPS in 450 AB's, and played his typical defense, he's easily worth that $8 million. If they got a scrap-heap Eduardo Perez type guy for $500 K or something, it isn't that big of a deal to have $8.5 million tied up in one position.

EDIT: He actually only makes $7 million next year, his salary goes down.

mlbcontracts.blogspot.com...ewers.html

Quote:
carlos looks marvelous

Yes he does with his arm and his bat. I really think we could just let Ohka go and have a rotation of.

1. Sheets

2. Capuano

3. Bush

4. Davis

5. Villanueva

That rotation will keep us in games and eat up innings.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
Given that You'll likely have to pay someoen take Jenkins, having him platoon at $7.5 million is better than paying Mench $3.5 million and Jenkins $4 million to play elsewhere.

I don't really care to see Mench out there either.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived