Brewer Fanatic

Is everyone just afraid of Harden?

He has a club option for next year at $7 million.

He obviously has a huge injury history. However, I am surprised more teams aren't talking about him. The Cubs have shown some interest, but it seems pretty quiet.

He has been lights out this year. (And his entire career - when healthy) I would much prefer to take a bit of a gamble (really $7 is a pretty small gamble) then trade for C.C.

To me, Bedard and Harden are pretty equal.

But Oakland is going to want top prospects. If Harden gets hurt, like he always seems to be then what's the difference if you trade top prospects for three months of Sabathia or three months of a healthy Harden?

That's the thing. Beane probably knows he won't get a huge haul for Harden because of his injury history. And when he's healthy, there is no one better. He's better off keeping Harden and trading him this off-season or next summer (assuming he stays healthy that whole time. A big IF, but I'm a big fan and will be rooting for him),

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

i dont think i would touch harden. he has averaged 67 innings the past three years. in his 6 year career he has only two 100 IP seasons and those were in 04 and 05. he could be the next mark prior. the last thing we need in milwaukee is pitcher who goes on the DL for long periods.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I made a joke about this yesterday in another forum.

"Hey, we'll have an opening after this year for an uber-talented, oft-injured, highly paid SP." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm afraid. I am afraid the Brewers would trade for him and he would get injured. I am also afriad the Cubs would trade for him and he would be the stud that we have seen this year. Glass half empty both ways here and I am usually not a pessimisstic guy.

I am not sure that the A's are as active in trying to trade Harden, now that they are right in the middle of a playoff race. As long as the A's are in it, Harden will be very expensive to aquire. Earlier in the year, the A's were reportedly asking for Ian Kennedy from the Yankees, with Harden pitching as well as he has in years, and the A's in contention, the Brewers would have to give up just as much to aquire Harden, as we would Sabathia.

One is healthy and one is not.

Harden has value, but the A's will not get much for him because he is unlikely to give you a dozen starts.

If the A's do not get offered much for him, then they will not move him. He still has an option for next year, so there is no rush to get him off of their hands.

Harden is a HUGE talent. But, I am not willing to part with Jeremy Jeffress, Matt Laporta, or Matt Gamel to get him. Maybe a package of Escobar, Braddock, and Lucroy?

I would sacrifice Escobar for a shot at Harden, but that's about it. He's just to big an injury risk for a top-tier guy.

Archived