Brewer Fanatic

09/17/2006 Brewers (Davis) @ Nationals (O'Connor), 12:05 CT

thablingster

As much as I hate to say it...if I were Doug Davis, I'd be saying, "trade me - or get me somewhere closer to the land of run support."

And if I were Doug Melvin I would say, ok...take your 5 ERA and hit the mother freakin' streets! Who needs ya?

Mr. Villanueva, welcome to the starting rotation.

And about this team...Yost isn't to blame for this horrible play. Come on, admit it, there's NO talent in this lineup whatsoever. David Bell? Graffanino? Brady Clark? Mike Rivera/Damian Miller? Kevin Mench? Please. I'm surprised we ever win a game running these clowns out there.

Why does Graffanino get lumped in with the "clowns"?

Mr. Villanueva, welcome to the starting rotation.

Replacing Ohka, not Davis, you mean. Davis will be back. He's just had some tough luck for a lot of this year. Are you aware that the best FA pitcher on the market this year has more walks than DD does?

He started at second for the Red Sox last year after they traded for him. They won 90+ games, and he hit .319/.355/.457 for them.

and you forgot to add:

had a huge error in the playoffs against Chicago which eventually eliminated them.

Small sample alert, I know... but I'm glad Dennis is going so well with his chance to pitch in Milwaukee. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the bullpen the whole year next year.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Archived