Brewer Fanatic

9/18/06 Cardinals (Reyes) @ Milwaukee (Capuano), 7:05 CT

Prince James

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
St. Louis Milwaukee 
--------- --------- 

Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG.
--- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ----
CF Taguchi, So 2 30 .267 CF Gwynn, Tony 0 2 .294 
LF Wilson, Preston 9 55 .261 2B Graffanino, Tony 1 19 .285 
1B Pujols, Albert 45 124 .327 1B Fielder, Prince 26 76 .280 
RF Encarnacion, Juan 19 78 .285 SS Hall, Bill 31 75 .259 
3B Rolen, Scott 21 91 .305 RF Jenkins, Geoff 14 66 .264 
2B Belliard, Ronnie 1 15 .228 LF Hart, Corey 8 26 .283 
C Bennett, Gary 4 22 .238 3B Bell, David 8 51 .265 
SS Miles, Aaron 2 27 .265 C Miller, Damian 6 38 .247 
P Reyes, Anthony (5-7, 5.03) P Capuano, Chris (11-11, 3.66)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

.770 OPS on the year for Jenkins. Couple more HR's and he'll be sitting right in that .800-.830 OPS range you expect from him.

Yeah, nothing like Jenkins having a late-season hitting tear when the games don't count anymore and his horrible season can be skewed by a few meaningless HR's with a few weeks left. Where was he in April, May, June, July, or August?

If any of you say these games aren't meaningless, then please explain why I'm the 5th poster in this in-game thread? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I think the most meaningful stat to look at with Jenkins is the .430 OPS vs lefties. While its lower than I'd expect out of him because of a small sample size I think its pretty clear at this point that he should be platooned at least when he's not on a hot streak. He actually has like an .850 OPS vs righties on the year now.

If you really want to talk about them being meaningless then I hope they trade Hall next year since he's obviously given up on the season and just doesn't care and we don't want that attitude on the team.

Thankfully I don't believe the games are meaningless so I'd like to keep Hall, they especially aren't meaningless to STL who still hasn't clinched the division and has various home field advantage scenarios on the line.

bucksman4,

You actually were the seventh. "Meaningless" posts by Prince James and me were deleted. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Where was he in April, May, June, July, or August?

Last year, Jenkins was on fire the entire second half, when the Brewers were trying to stay in the playoff race. meanwhile, Lee disappeared. Of course, that fact doesn't fit into some people's perception of either player, so they ignore it altogether.

Sorry to interupt your predictable rant with reality.

Last year, Jenkins was on fire the entire second half, when the Brewers were trying to stay in the playoff race. meanwhile, Lee disappeared. Of course, that fact doesn't fit into some people's perception of either player, so they ignore it altogether.

Sorry to interupt your predictable rant with reality.

It's funny...I don't know why you're bringing up what he did or didn't do last season and Carlos Lee's name?? What does that have to to with the fact Jenkins has sucked this season..for the WHOLE season.

It's funny how 3-4 HR's and a decent 2 week span from a player can cloud some people's perception of reality.

He was fine in July too. Only a .795 OPS but it was OBP heavy which generally counts for more than SLG. So thats 3 months he was fine or good and 3 months where he sucked.

Most players have 1 or 2 bad months a season, jenkins just overachieved and had 3.

I haven't frequented this board in awhile, and there goes bucksman ranting away. There's no argument against Jenkins starting against righties. I personally think he never should have been benched, only against lefties of course; Mench should have been the one benched at the time. Bucksman, there's a reason no one agrees with you, it's because what you say most of the time doesn't make any sense.

Bucksman, there's a reason no one agrees with you, it's because what you say most of the time doesn't make any sense.

So, you're telling me it would've made more sense for me to say "oh yeah Jenkins has been great this year!" Essentially, I'm making a point that both Yost and Melvin would agree with (he sucked this year!) and I get people trying to make it seem like he hasn't been as bad as he really has. And what I say doesn't make sense.....hmm....

What does that have to to with the fact Jenkins has sucked this season..for the WHOLE season.

What does that have to do with what you said that I disagreed with? Can you stay on topic or what?

So, you're telling me it would've made more sense for me to say "oh yeah Jenkins has been great this year!"

Again, straw man.

Do you annoy everyone in real life as well?

Archived