Brewer Fanatic

9/19/06 Cardinals (Weaver) @ Milwaukee (Sheets), 7:05 CT

hawing

I can't believe I made the mistake of actually attending that game. It was long and brutal.

Sheets had trouble putting guys away even when he got ahead in the count. Turnbow threw more gas on the fire. Yost was again too clueless to sense trouble early.

The place was empty and the game meant nothing to either team. Even the Cardinals fans didn't seem that enthusiastic because they are used to winning the division and they expect to get destroyed by the Mets in the postseason anyway.

And it was freezing outside too.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/BagHead.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know those saying that go something like: "A bad day at (In this case the ballpark) is better than a good day at work"?

I suppose that's true. But this game was vile.

My rage began when Ronnie Belliard scored the first two STL runs. Ronnie Belliard! For whatever reason, nothing in this season has irritated me more than seeing ex-Brewers (who sucked when we parted ways with them) come back to bite Milwaukee in the rear.

Except maybe the current Brewers bullpen. For some goofball reason I'm still not raging at Turnbow (though had I been Ned, I wouldn't have left him to twist in the wind so long, or better yet wouldn't have put him in to begin with). But my Kolb rage is sky high, as is my rage against the Cardinal franchise as a whole. I very much want them to be shamed in the playoffs. I was feeling the Schadenfreude when Pujols was holding his wrist.

Had I known where you guys were, AJAY and Sgt, I would have sought you out just for commiseration purposes. As it was, this couple who were scoring the game sat down behind us just as the lineup changes really started to pile up, for both teams. (I imagine that La Russa told his players, score 12 runs tonight and EVERYONE plays! except the starting pitchers) That game became a scorecard nightmare pretty quickly. They were pretty funny, though, which made the whole experience sting less.

If the Brewers play like this on Saturday and Sunday I'll actually be ready for a break, instead of down about the season ending.

Finally:

If Kolb can't get guys out either, are we going to go to Mike DeJean?

Don't even hint at that, tomwopat. If the Brewers ever acquire mustard man again, I will walk out of any game I'm at in which he appears. Ugh.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived