Brewer Fanatic

Any chance of Gallardo in September or October? -- Latest: Yo will start this Thursday according to BCR (reply #234ish)

panama74
If the Sheets injury is more serious than we know of right know, what are the chances that Yo starts a game during the final homestand? I for one am really hoping it doesn't happen, just to ensure he is healthy next year, but Ben's injury scares me into thinking that Yo may be tabbed to start a game or two.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Sheets injury is more serious than we know of right know, what are the chances that Yo starts a game during the final homestand? I for one am really hoping it doesn't happen, just to ensure he is healthy next year, but Ben's injury scares me into thinking that Yo may be tabbed to start a game or two.

I'd be in favor of this...let Yo start the game and throw 3-4 innings (60-75 pitches?) and then have DiFelice or somebody else piggyback from there.

I realize it's a gamble, but at this point we have to push all our chips to the center of the table.

Yo 3 innings, Villy 3. Sounds good to me.

I would agree. If he can work a couple inning out of the pen, there hsould be no reason he can't do the same thing to start the game - in fact, Iw ould almost think that would be better for him.

I'm thinking its a safe bet that if Sheets can't go on Tuesday, you may see Gallardo make that start. I assume Parra will be in the wings for McClung's start tomorrow, so in theory you should have all three of those guys, in addition to CV and the rest of the pen available to work on Tuesday. Ideally, if you can keep Parra out until then, you might be able to get away with he and Gallardo. Then again, depending on what happens with McClung, you just might need them both to make start.

I wonder how the lateral stability is in the knee if he's not taking BP? Call me crazy but if he's still not moving well enough to hit, why not just bunt off of him?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Another couple games like today (or this whole past week for that matter), and might as well shut him down to allow for a more full recovery. Between the current performance of this team, and that we'd be ace-less without him next year, I don't see the short-term value in gambling with his long-term health.

Why waste Yo and risk anything with this team flat lining at this point? Today's loss was a kick in the groin. Bad base running, bad umpiring, terrible balls and strike calls, and terrible coaching. I wish I would've found my white coca-cola Brewers helmet from 1982 to remind me of good coaching and team like ball.

(edit: added strike-though as those comments are really irrelevant to the Yo issue; please use the vent thread for irrelevant rants--1992)

After not picking up any ground today because of the loss no matter what the Mets and Phils do I say just shut Yo down. I was for him coming out of the pen when we still had a real chance but it is slim and none now so don't even risk our ace for next season.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

We do have a real chance and Yo will probably be available tomorrow. Great news.

I would agree there is a real chance - probably not a good chance, but a chance. Since the challenge for the brewers seems to be winning the necessary number of games, if he's ok and can help, he should. The goal still has to be to make the playoffs and go to the WS.

What was Trenni's report on him yesterday? I was doing something else, and I thought I heard her say that in his last simulated game he threw 5 innings and 75 pitches. Is it a for sure fact he will come back in a relief roll? 5 innings is better than 3/5s of our rotation can seem to give us right now. I know Melvin said earlier that if he came back, he wouldn't be a starter. But that was a couple weeks ago when we had a "healthy" Sheets, a 5-0 in the month of August Suppan, and Parra could at least make it through a couple innings without getting shelled.

If it was me, my rotation for the remaining games would be: Bush, Gallardo, Sabathia, Sheets, McClung, Bush.

Everyone needs to get the idea of Gallardo pitching this season out of your head. It's not going to happen. Even if he's "ready", he wouldn't have nearly enough arm strength and would be risking further injury by coming back so soon.
This thread seems to get rejuvenated everyday? Is there some new news or something? We were told this was not going to happen and to get it out of our heads, yet..wha? Does Gallardo have the arm strength to even get out little leaguers? Why risk injury, we need him for the next playoff run in 2013!

I thought I heard her say that in his last simulated game he threw 5 innings and 75 pitches.

I didn't here Trenni say that, but I did hear Jim Powell say just that over the weekend. he also said he has not picked up a bat. Must be getting him readt to make a start in the American League ball park during the WS. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I can't believe how many negative comments about Yo pitching this year.

He just pitched 5 innings and 75 pitches in a simulated game in Arizona.

He hurt his leg. Not his arm. Do you really think he spent the past 4 months completely neglecting his arm?!?

I'd be shocked if Yo didn't pitch at this point. And pitch well.

I'd be shocked if Yo didn't pitch at this point. And pitch well.

I would have to agree. If it was at all a danger to Yo to pitch the Dr., trainers and Doug Melvin would not allow it. Yo seems to have an outstanding work ethic and I'm sure he has done everything he can to get back in to top physical condition.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Hopefully Bush can save our pen today and Yo can combine with some other arms Thursday. Give CC the ball Wednesday for a short start (5/6 innings) which leaves him as the best option on Sunday if necessary. Yo/Newhouse/Difelice could do well on Thursday. I really hope this doesn't end like last season.
Formerly Andersoc420

This thread seems to get rejuvenated everyday?

Your negative thoughts get rejuvenated every day around here. I enjoy most of your posts, but IMO they've been quite negative since the slide.

I couldn't find the blue font. It was actually poking fun at the negatism and the shortsightedness of the quoted post from July. The slide hasn't changed anything, I've been negative on Rickie Weeks for the past 3 years http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I couldn't find the blue font. It was actually poking fun at the negatism and the shortsightedness of the quoted post from July. The slide hasn't changed anything, I've been negative on Rickie Weeks for the past 3 years

I apologize. My bad. I'm just worried that this site is going to be super negative if the Brewers don't get in. If they do get in, this site will be flooding with positive thoughts -- and I look forward to it.

Archived