Brewer Fanatic

Any chance of Gallardo in September or October? -- Latest: Yo will start this Thursday according to BCR (reply #234ish)

panama74
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats to Scott Bartell for reporting this information twenty hours before anyone else! Hopefully no one will ever doubt the journalism and integrity of Scott Bartell and The Brew Crew Review ever again! It's too bad how many people doubted and mocked Scott and his report. It's funny how many people were all ready, prepared, excited, and hoping to burn Scott Bartell at the stake, but no one is coming forth to credit and apoligize to Him.

Typical around here. Nobody can post news without having a geeky jsonline URL for proof and it's one to two days of taking a flogging. Maybe there has been a backlash in the past or something that has them all gunshy. But thank you sir for providing some insight and trying your best to keep brewerfan.net ahead of the curve, whether it's appreciated by most or not.

Congrats to Scott Bartell for reporting this information twenty hours before anyone else! Hopefully no one will ever doubt the journalism and integrity of Scott Bartell and The Brew Crew Review ever again! It's too bad how many people doubted and mocked Scott and his report. It's funny how many people were all ready, prepared, excited, and hoping to burn Scott Bartell at the stake, but no one is coming forth to credit and apoligize to Him.
I just think people didn't know who he was, so they were wondering why throwing his name out there gave the news any credibility. Don't take it so personally. Breaking this story will help Brew Crew Review build credibility, but don't be sour because people didn't just give you credibility without being familiar with you.

And "told you so" and "gotcha" and "you better respect me now!" posts when you are right aren't exactly the marks of journalistic intergrity. Try not to immidiately undo the good you've done for your reputation by breaking this story.

But thank you sir for providing some insight and trying your best to keep brewerfan.net ahead of the curve, whether it's appreciated by most or not.

It's not that it's unappreciated at all, it's that one of the people in this thread that was posting the rumor wasn't exactly doing so professionally (posts were removed from this thread, for those just catching up after work).

And "told you so" and "gotcha" and "you better respect me now!" posts when you are right aren't exactly the marks of journalistic intergrity. Try not to immidiately undo the good you've done for your reputation by breaking this story.

I totally see the point, but do you think he would have done that if he hadn't taken a beating for 24 hours with 50 posts trying to bring him and the publication down beforehand? I doubt it. It goes both ways in that regard, IMO.

I totally see the point, but do you think he would have done that if he hadn't taken a beating for 24 hours with 50 posts trying to bring him and the publication down beforehand? I doubt it. It goes both ways in that regard, IMO.
Yeah, well that's the world of mass communication for you, especially if you are somewhat unproven or unknown. I suggest he get used to it, because if he wants Brew Crew Review to become a reputable source for people, getting dragged down into petty battles isn't the way to do it.

Let the reporting speak for itself. Next time, people probably won't doubt him as much, but it won't be because of the personal, petty arguing with anonymous internet posters...

Hopefully no one will ever doubt the journalism and integrity of Scott Bartell and The Brew Crew Review ever again! It's too bad how many people doubted and mocked Scott and his report.

Scott came off as a clown, as you have in the past, when he started rickrolling people and posting fake links -- what are people supposed to think?

It's funny how many people were all ready, prepared, excited, and hoping to burn Scott Bartell at the stake, but no one is coming forth to credit and apoligize to Him.

No one wanted to burn him at the stake, people just wanted him to handle himself a little more appropriately and professionally. Certainly credit is due to Scott for scooping the Yo start, however whatever backlash he got, I think he got fairly for the poor manner in which his scoop was published. "Apologize" has 2 o's by the way.

Maybe there has been a backlash in the past or something that has them all gunshy.

Yeah, there sure was a time, when people were posting all sorts of crazy things that were never going to materialize. The skeptical nature of the people on this forum is definitely a conditioned behavior. I think if any poster here has any sort of "inside information" they have a responsibility to present that information with great care.

Thanks Peavey, I was unaware of the professionalism. I've heard for months that Gallardo wouldn't pitch, yada yada. Now it happens and the same people are routinely trying to discredit it. It just gets old after a while.

One of his "links" was a rickroll, and a comment about our lack of humor. I thought he was joking.

Those posts that were removed were never posted by The Brew Crew Review or Scott Bartell at all. I don't understand why we are associated with those posts. My point is every major journalist had to start with a breaking story somewhere, and when Scott Bartell was kind enough to share the major information with everyone here, many people (including people that post here frequently) immediately mocked him.

FTJ was in a rush to make sure we were held accountable if Yo didn't start, but will he be in a rush to give Scott Bartell credit? Homer was very cynical and had a negative attitude to the post as well even as I was trying to assure everyone that Scott Bartell's lead was very solid.

imblotto said,

"In case anybody didn't know, the Brew Crew Review is a West Allis (Milwaukee suburb) local broadcasting show that airs once a week throughout the season. By no means do they have inside sources for breaking Brewer news."

He was another guy that would have been quick to post and blast Scott Bartell if anyone else not named Yo started tomorrow. In fact he was confident Scott Bartell and our show had no access to inside information at the Brewers but that was proved to be incorrect. Will he be as quick to credit Scott Bartell as well?

Hopefully people that were quick to discredit Scott Bartell and our show will be prompt to give credit where credit is due. What's fair is fair.

Bottom line, hopefully Yo starting will give the Brewers another shot in the arm that the Brewers need.

I will give credit when it is due, but posting this roughly 10 minutes after it his JSOnline is petty and pointless.

That said, good for Scott for scooping seemingly everyone, especially the JSOnline beat reporter tandem. Fine work. However, as the Boston Herald fiasco taught us last year, breaking one story does not give a free ride to a journalism entity. Unfortunately, speaking as a professional journalist, our integrity is doubted on a consistent basis. That's part of being a journalist.

FTJ,

The information was handled with great care. Scott Bartell worked very hard to get the scoop and confirm it before we posted it. Believe me this information was handled very carefully before we released it. It wasn't just some crazy, throw anything out there without confirmation kind of deal. That's why I was posted multiple times to trust Scott Bartell's journalistic skills and integrity.

Those posts that were removed were never posted by The Brew Crew Review or Scott Bartell at all. I don't understand why we are associated with those posts.

It seemed to me Pudster = Scott Bartell. I wish those Pudster posts were still in the thread--

Those posts that were removed were never posted by The Brew Crew Review or Scott Bartell at all.

You could have probably distanced yourself from the rickroll posts then. If it were me, I would have asked a mod to delete them.

FTJ was in a rush to make sure we were held accountable if Yo didn't start,

Absolutely. And if Scott new his lead was solid, he would have had no problem being held accountable.

Scott Bartell worked very hard to get the scoop and confirm it before we posted it.

I sincerely hope that this helps Scott in his career.

"Scott came off as a clown, as you have in the past, when he started rickrolling people and posting fake links -- what are people supposed to think?"

How is this condecending garbage allowed on this site? I don't care if a guy has 300 posts or 6400, that is entirely inappropriate.

Congrats on the Gallardo scoop. Personally, I don't like the idea of Gallardo starting. He is the future ace of this team and is too young and valuable to risk. He'll also probably be rusty, so it's hard to know how effective he will be. I guess the Brewers medical staff and management would know better about Gallardo's health than I would. I'm just worried about Gallardo hurting himself again and really setting his career back.

Not too thrilled at the thought of Suppan starting agaisnt the Cubs, yuck. I would have gone with McClung with the hopes of Sheets going Saturday and only going with Suppan on Saturday if they had no other real good option. Although at this point Mark DiFelice might be a better option than Suppan.

Maybe the exra rest will help Suppan and Gallardo will step up, pitch a good 3-5 innings without further injuring himself and the Brewers win both games. Ah.. life as a Brewer fan. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

FTJ,

The information was handled with great care. Scott Bartell worked very hard to get the scoop and confirm it before we posted it. Believe me this information was handled very carefully before we released it. It wasn't just some crazy, throw anything out there without confirmation kind of deal. That's why I was posted multiple times to trust Scott Bartell's journalistic skills and integrity.

I apologize - I do not mean to come off as condescending - but why is this a big deal?

I mean, if a scoop falls in the forest, and nobody is there to hear it... does it make a sound?

Who was scooped... and in identifying this scoop, does the scoopee give credit to the scooper?

Like, if ESPN lists in the preview of the series: "...Yovanni Gallardo to start Thursday as reported on _____..." Doesn't there have to be a recognition of the scoop somewhere for it to exist?

I admit I am new to the nuances of journalism and blogging, but this has to be somewhere in between creating a story and getting to type "First" on one of TH's blogs.

I'm very excited to see Yovani start. But also very nervous at the same time. Yovani is a very special kind of talent and has a tremendous work ethic. But I guess I should not be too nervous because if the Dr., trainers and DM signed off on this he must be in great shape.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Hopefully people that were quick to discredit Scott Bartell and our show will be prompt to give credit where credit is due. What's fair is fair.

For someone that observed this thread & its unfurling after 'real time', I can say it's very much a big turnoff how blatantly you've been pimping your site & the personal name. If the whole thing would have been on the issue of Gallardo, that's one thing, but it appears (again, I'm reading this well after it initially took place) that you took every chance to regurgitate the duo of names. Turn-off. Tyler Perry presents... a movie by Tyler Perry... written & directed by Tyler Perry... starring Tyler Perry... Tyler Perry's Tyler Perry

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived